Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Push button QD swivels

Push button QD swivels

I have recently bought a new rifle with push button QD swivels.
    I have several slings and all have the usual uncle mikes or the european equivilant to uncle mikes swivels.
    I am thinking of putting some 'normal' studs in the sockets on the rifle and filling the holes with Araldite to secure them.
    I reckon that should work but may be a problem with somebody else in years to come when I sell it on.
    Does anybody know of any other gadget or method of converting from push button stud sockets to normal studs.

you could get QD sling points for the sling ??

guess its QD sockets Counter bored into wood you could take it out if possible turn it over and reinsert with glue and screw in a std Sling stud (may need to open the hole in the QD socket

I have the QD sling 'points' swivels for the QD push button socket, they came with the rifle, but all my slings are fixed up with the 'Proper' swivels.
    All my other rifles have 'proper' sling studs to accomodate my slings, they can also take a bi-pod when zeroing too.

cant you just undo the slings and switch the corrosponding swivel to the push button ones,if like mine the ends can be undone? or am i confused,have you only one half of the end?if so just buy a complete push button stud switch the end, and you have a half spare,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 13-03-2015 at 17:45.
    DONT START

I have all the bits and pieces to carry the rifle with the swivels provided when fixed to my sling they just push into the socket on the rifle stock.
    I have a selection of slings, all fitted with uncle mikes swivels or the European equivilant.
    All my rifles with the exception of this new one has studs that take Uncle Mikes swivels or the european equivilant and can also be used for a Bi-pod.
    I would like my new rifle to be able to take any of my rifle slings, the ones fitted with uncle mikes swivels.
    I don't want one sling dedicated to the new rifle which is what I would have if I used the swivels supplied with the new rifle.
    I have however just looked at the idea of filling the sockets with araldite and setting a normal stud in them but it a no no as the front socket also houses the screw that allows me to take the forend off.
    So it looks as if I may have to screw studs into the new stock unless I can come up with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Would this gadget help? edi
    Wow, that's fantastic, that looks to be exactly what I want, where can I get two ?
    Last edited by EMcC; 14-03-2015 at 00:10.

Little swivel studs for flush cups are from Grovtec USA.
    Only thing is, they are not timed, meaning the position of the cross hole is not timed to the position of the ball catches. no problem
    with rotating flush cups but with the version that locks the QD in either 0 deg or 90 deg one would need to pick out a matching set.
    To avoid the swivel stud being locked in at a crooked position.
    edi

Lining up the stud is no problem. Tighten it up into the wood insert and them turn the insert into the right depth to line it up. You can use a light glue to hold it, or drill a small hole half into the wood and half into the threads, and put in a small locking screw.

These 2-way swivels which I used on the 2-way sling I made take out all the twisting stress on the stock at both ends. It is like the hook catch on a dog or horse training leash.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-way-swivel.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	53881

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Little swivel studs for flush cups are from Grovtec USA.
    Only thing is, they are not timed, meaning the position of the cross hole is not timed to the position of the ball catches. no problem
    with rotating flush cups but with the version that locks the QD in either 0 deg or 90 deg one would need to pick out a matching set.
    To avoid the swivel stud being locked in at a crooked position.
    edi
    Going off on a slight tangent to the thread here (sorry Eddy) - Do you need the manufactures installation tool to screw the base into the stock? I'm very interested in the press button sling swivel set but I wonder whether the width of the base might also be a bit wide for a sporting stock at 1/2 inch.