Push button QD swivels

EMcC

I have recently bought a new rifle with push button QD swivels.
I have several slings and all have the usual uncle mikes or the european equivilant to uncle mikes swivels.
I am thinking of putting some 'normal' studs in the sockets on the rifle and filling the holes with Araldite to secure them.
I reckon that should work but may be a problem with somebody else in years to come when I sell it on.
Does anybody know of any other gadget or method of converting from push button stud sockets to normal studs.

you could get QD sling points for the sling ??

guess its QD sockets Counter bored into wood you could take it out if possible turn it over and reinsert with glue and screw in a std Sling stud (may need to open the hole in the QD socket

I have the QD sling 'points' swivels for the QD push button socket, they came with the rifle, but all my slings are fixed up with the 'Proper' swivels.
All my other rifles have 'proper' sling studs to accomodate my slings, they can also take a bi-pod when zeroing too.

cant you just undo the slings and switch the corrosponding swivel to the push button ones,if like mine the ends can be undone? or am i confused,have you only one half of the end?if so just buy a complete push button stud switch the end, and you have a half spare,

Last edited:
I have all the bits and pieces to carry the rifle with the swivels provided when fixed to my sling they just push into the socket on the rifle stock.
I have a selection of slings, all fitted with uncle mikes swivels or the European equivilant.
All my rifles with the exception of this new one has studs that take Uncle Mikes swivels or the european equivilant and can also be used for a Bi-pod.
I would like my new rifle to be able to take any of my rifle slings, the ones fitted with uncle mikes swivels.
I don't want one sling dedicated to the new rifle which is what I would have if I used the swivels supplied with the new rifle.
I have however just looked at the idea of filling the sockets with araldite and setting a normal stud in them but it a no no as the front socket also houses the screw that allows me to take the forend off.
So it looks as if I may have to screw studs into the new stock unless I can come up with something else.

Would this gadget help?

converter_zps4ffa77e8.jpg

edi

Little swivel studs for flush cups are from Grovtec USA.
Only thing is, they are not timed, meaning the position of the cross hole is not timed to the position of the ball catches. no problem
with rotating flush cups but with the version that locks the QD in either 0 deg or 90 deg one would need to pick out a matching set.
To avoid the swivel stud being locked in at a crooked position.
edi

Lining up the stud is no problem. Tighten it up into the wood insert and them turn the insert into the right depth to line it up. You can use a light glue to hold it, or drill a small hole half into the wood and half into the threads, and put in a small locking screw.

These 2-way swivels which I used on the 2-way sling I made take out all the twisting stress on the stock at both ends. It is like the hook catch on a dog or horse training leash.
2-way-swivel.jpg

Little swivel studs for flush cups are from Grovtec USA.
Only thing is, they are not timed, meaning the position of the cross hole is not timed to the position of the ball catches. no problem
with rotating flush cups but with the version that locks the QD in either 0 deg or 90 deg one would need to pick out a matching set.
To avoid the swivel stud being locked in at a crooked position.
edi

Going off on a slight tangent to the thread here (sorry Eddy) - Do you need the manufactures installation tool to screw the base into the stock? I'm very interested in the press button sling swivel set but I wonder whether the width of the base might also be a bit wide for a sporting stock at 1/2 inch.

Maybe there is a slight misunderstanding...
I understood Emcc has flush cups installed on his rifle but would want to fit ordinary swivel stud version slings.
The swivel stud in my picture clicks into a flush cup and can be removed by depressing the alan key into the stud. Similar to a QD sling attachment. This gadget is also often used to fit a harris bipod to a flush cup.
The angle problem I mentioned can happen when fitting only to non rotating flush cups which lock into position. In some extreme cases a Harris can not be fitted.
edi

Maybe there is a slight misunderstanding...
Emcc has flush cups installed on his rifle but would want to fit ordinary swivel stud version slings.
The swivel stud in my picture clicks into a flush cup and can be removed by depressing the alan key into the stud. Similar to a QD sling attachment. This gadget is also often used to fit a harris bipod to a flush cup.
edi
That is exactly what I have and what you have shown is exactly what I want/need.
Ben if you do a bit of googling for flush sling swivels you will find they come as sets, the sling swivel that fits into the cup and from what I can see you have to drill/cut/dig a rather large hole to sink the cup into.
Not something I'd like to undertake on a normal sporting rifle stock
The Maral has a rather broad forend something similar to an O/U shotgun forend.

Thanks. No misunderstanding. I found all the various options. Mauser have a press button quick release option on some of their M03 rifle stocks so they must have their own fixing for it. This one looks a little big but I am looking into into it.

Thanks. No misunderstanding. I found all the various options. Mauser have a press button quick release option on some of their M03 rifle stocks so they must have their own fixing for it. This one looks a little big but I am looking into into it.

If you look at the grovtec website you'll see a few versions of flush cups. Some have no thread on the outside diameter and are therefore slightly smaller. These can be fixed with a screw in the centre. Or the versions as in the picture that can be glued in as is.... one cuts a 9/16" thread into the stock and screws/glues the flush cup in position. The inside of the flush cup has an opening for an alan key to twist the cup in. no fancy tools required.
Sometimes the back bottom of a hunting stock is quite narrow for the wide flush cups, in this case the one needs to set the flush cup slightly back and re-shape the surroundings a bit.
edi

1min 40 sec on this video, I think they will fit. I just need to sort myself out with a decent vice and thread tapping tool.

Into what type of stock are you thinking of fitting flush cups? Wood, plastic, composites?
All flush cups vs QD clips I came across so far seemed to fit into each other meaning some versions might be easier to fit to certain materials but Euro and US seem to be the same. Have a look at a few versions from Grovtec, they do have a few more versions not on their website. http://www.grovtec.com/catalog/1/gt-swivels/
If you see something you like we might have a sample here or I could advise how to fit.
edi

I was going to say this is a fantastic site but have changed my mind.
But I am now going to say, the people that use this site are fantastic.
I have just recieved a pair of flush mount adaptors and can now look at my rail of rifle slings and use any one I decide that is best for that day, just like my tie rack really.
Thank you very much indeed Edmund, pm on the way.

Going off on a slight tangent to the thread here (sorry Eddy) - Do you need the manufactures installation tool to screw the base into the stock? I'm very interested in the press button sling swivel set but I wonder whether the width of the base might also be a bit wide for a sporting stock at 1/2 inch.

I have Sockets to fit to a couple of stocks tho mine arnt threaded they have a glue groove and a hole in the bottom so you can screw it on with a CSK self tapper or machine screw

its 1/2" diameter and 1/2" deep

They are intended to be fitted to the side of rifles not he bottom like traditional sling points so the rifle sits flat on its side on your back not flopping about and doesn't get in the way of lower rail Bolt ons like Lights or bi pods or big 30rnd mags ;)

Military guns often have a third sling point just by the back of the bolt for single point carry so the QD means you can swap it about quickly for different use

I have Sockets to fit to a couple of stocks tho mine arnt threaded they have a glue groove and a hole in the bottom so you can screw it on with a CSK self tapper or machine screw

its 1/2" diameter and 1/2" deep

They are intended to be fitted to the side of rifles not he bottom like traditional sling points so the rifle sits flat on its side on your back not flopping about and doesn't get in the way of lower rail Bolt ons like Lights or bi pods or big 30rnd mags ;)

Military guns often have a third sling point just by the back of the bolt for single point carry so the QD means you can swap it about quickly for different use

If you mount hese on the side of a bolt gun make sure you put them on the opposite side of the bolt handle

Yes, Military guns used to have sling swivels mounted on the front of the trigger guard (a third point) but this has pretty much gone away along with the concept of marksmanship...

SS

Back