diy chiller fridge advise needed

Distinguished Member
Hi Chaps im after some advise if I may

im thinking of sectioning part of my garage off and making a diy chiller using plastic paneling/wood/insulation/upvc door etc etc

it would be about 5ftx5ft in size and upto ceiling height can anyone recommend a side mounted chiller unit that could be bolted to the side of this kind of setup ????

only thing is I cant have any parts/units mounted externally on the building so it would need to be self contained within the garages interior

many thanks in advance

ATB

Dave

Last edited:
All fridge kit works best if the condenser is fitted somewhere cold with plenty of air flow, so that I can get rid of the heat easily. Take care if you have to place the condenser inside as you will struggle to get the chiller running effectively in the summer if the inside of the garage gets hot. There won't be enough temperature differential between the condenser and the air around it and the chiller will shut down. Check your garage for the coldest point and place the condenser here if you can afford to run the pipes.
If you go the monobloc route you are stuck and will have to keep an eye on it during the summer.

Back