Left handed synthetic rimmy

novice

Can anyone give me a rundown of the options available if one was looking to buy a left handed .22lr with a factory synthetic stock?

A Mate has asked for some advice and nothing immediately springs to mind, other than perhaps savage? I'm sure cz don't offer the synthetic models in left hand?

Novice

Depends on how left handed your / his requirements are. I shoot both wooden and synthetic CZ's left handed. Both have standard stocks which bar the cheek piece are ambidextrous, so it doesn't bother me at all. Bolt is still on the right but again it's an irrelevance, and when I'm on a bipod actually means I can potentially put down a second shot faster as my trigger hand never leaves the stock.

There is little out there straight out of the box. I would go with buying a standard and then getting a Boyds (or similar) stock for it. There's a bit more choice that way. I find the Savage's shoot very well though.....

Can anyone give me a rundown of the options available if one was looking to buy a left handed .22lr with a factory synthetic stock?

A Mate has asked for some advice and nothing immediately springs to mind, other than perhaps savage? I'm sure cz don't offer the synthetic models in left hand?

Novice

There aren't any lefthanded .22RF apart from CZ452/455 and Savage AFAIK .... all in wood.

Lots of right-handed models of course including semi-autos which can be shot from the left shoulder, but that's a default rather than the option which you're looking for.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/finder/

I've an Anschutz in left hand flavour, so you can add that to the list.

lefties suffer again

novice

I've had blow back from firing a right handed semi auto from left shoulder & stung like hell ... Could have been worse ...
I will not fire a right handed semi auto left handed. Again

My .22lr is a left handed action Cz 452 American but as said already ... In wood

Paul

Back