Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: asking for pics on sale threads

asking for pics on sale threads

is it just me or do others find it frustrating when you see someone advertising something or you are selling something yourself that is brand new in box or "as new" and people ask for pics? for example i saw a scope on here and someone had asked for pictures even though it is advertised as brand new in box. would Google images not suffice? i understand people want to see what they are buying but in my experience the people that ask for the pictures in most cases don't even have the manners to reply.

rant over
    Tom

No, I expect the seller to go to the trouble of taking & uploading shots of the actual object & I find it very frustrating when people don't upload images at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    No, I expect the seller to go to the trouble of taking & uploading shots of the actual object & I find it very frustrating when people don't upload images at all.
    +1 if you want to sell some thing then were's the problem in posting a pic? it only takes a moment. If its new then 1 will do if used then a few to show a good representation of what is on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    +1. I'm deeply suspicious of folk who can't be bothered to upload photos of the actual object. I want to be able to see the condition of the scope or whatever. 'A1' or 'as new' can mean completely different things to different folk.

Regards

JCS

No I would like to see the item that I'm supposed to be buying not a Google image thanks

+1 not interested unless theirs a photo of the item being sold

Not everyone has the capability to upload photos to the internet. I can only get on here from my telephone using a very limited mobile internet connection.

I have sold several items recently and in almost every occasion I texted or emailed photos to potential buyers.

Obviously if this is not good enough then fine, don't bother to contact me, but please don't imply that I am lazy or that there is something dodgy going on.

I can't be the only person in this position, I would have that many of the users of a site like this live in rural areas.
    Last edited by Glyn 1; 15-03-2015 at 19:14.

I have found on a lot of the stuff I have sold on here that the guys that ask for photos are NOT the ones that buy the items.
    I try to always post pictures
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

i allways put pics on but i realize also as glyn says some lads struggle with phones but as long as they put on ,(will emailpics) theres no problem ,i myself struggle with my phone thats my fault i cant remember my password so it keeps locking me out,i then have to jump on laptop,
    DONT START

Pics when needed, what the point in a picture of a reloading die, or a bag of cases!
    If the item has any defect, then they need to be shown, but otherwise it really isnt needed, unless it needs to be seen, e.g a stock or a rifle?
    My opinion anyhow!