Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATEC cnm4 mod cleaning

ATEC cnm4 mod cleaning

Hi all,

Do any Atec owners clean their mods after a shoot? If you do then how do you clean them?

Thanks,

Chavez

i dont have an atec but with my ase i just flood it with whatever ,wd ,tt,legia,etc stand muzzle down on rags and drain dry,all crud blasts out on first zero shot, doug,
    DONT START

I just spray some WD40 in both ends when ive had a shot through it and occasionally i take it apart and grease the threads
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

I keep the threads between the sections greased, but I just don't understand people's obsession with cleaning moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    I keep the threads between the sections greased, but I just don't understand people's obsession with cleaning moderators.
    Same here, perhaps a little grease on the barrel thread & your good to go.

Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Never cleaned my A-tec, just as stated I grease the threads every other time when I remove/replace it on to the barrel. Never had a problem so far but I did have a section loosen last time I took it off so just greased that up too and tightened up, one thing to watch out for though is the threads, they are very sharp!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

I wouldn't go back to a stripable mod, the amount of time people spend checking if there tight or checking that they havnt locked together while we are out shooting is unreal

just a non strippable, non rusting fit and use mod for me why do you need the hassle of stripping a mod for just to wipe of a bit of residue

I dont spray anything in mine all I do is pull it thru with the snake that's it and in the cabinet it goes

i clean all the muck of the crown religiously every outing and a drop of 3 in 1 oil on muzzle threads which I consider more important

Thank you!

I'll be blasting it with legia going forward then.

If you really want to clean it, just strip it and stick each section in an ultrasonic tank. Grease the threads before you put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by mChavez View Post
    Thank you!

I'll be blasting it with legia going forward then.
    I don't see what that will achieve