Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check zero.

Check zero.

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone in the area of Hammersmith just out side of london that may be kind enough to let me just check my zero on my rifle as I dropped it and are going stalking Friday.? I'm working down here and don't know of any ranges I can go to do this, will only need to fire 3 rnds.

Any ideas will will be great .

The West London Shooting School has a 100m rifle range which you can hire for an hour for £102.50: http://www.shootingschool.co.uk/wp-c...rd-website.pdf. As far as I know, that's it for full-bore rifles, unless you go to Bisley.

It's not a great place for shooting, London...

Hi pine marten

i spoke to them on phone this morning , I only need to fire three rounds so thought was a expensive way to just check its on lol.

Errr, road signs?

Quote Originally Posted by .243 t3 View Post
    Hi pine marten

i spoke to them on phone this morning , I only need to fire three rounds so thought was a expensive way to just check its on lol.
    Yes, that's correct, everything is disproportionally expensive and complicated down here. This is normal for us. I've been trying to test the zero on my drilling for almost three months now, but it requires half a day away from home and a trip to Bisley so I keep having to can it.

Red-dot that's a good point I'm used to just walking out the back of my house and shooting not having to pay Togo to ranges .very lucky really

Isle of Dogs old power station has been known to attract some illegal types during early hours of the morning checking their zero...

Why cant you put a box/target up when you get to your stalking ground and do it there? I have, in the past when I have felt the need to check' gone to a part of the ground I'm not going to stalk and dealt with it there.... If you are going out on a paid day I would be amazed if the ghillie/pro stalker didn't have somewhere to zero!

Vipa,
    yes going out as a guest so might just say to him I need to check it as don't want to go out and have a good opportunity to take a nice animal and miss

Bore sight it visually? At least you'll know if it's moved majorly.....

The West London Shooting School need f#*?ing for charging prices like that
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT