Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Germany

Trip to Germany

When I'm on a roll doing write ups I thought I better do a quick one about a trip to Germany with my friends Heini and Michael (wildboar 1973).

It was my first trip away for a few years as my folks have been I'll and I didn't feel comfortable being away from home. Michael and Heini have always been great and said if I can escape just ring and they will sort something. It was all a bit short notice and after a phone call to Heini and Michael a plan was made.

Andy and I flew to Hannover where Michael collected us and drove us to Heini's home.

I won't go into great detail but we had a great time hunting at Heini's home and his other farm in East Germany.

I took a brace of boar on the first evening, Andy took one a few day's later. We had a great stalk on a group of about 120 Mouflon including about 40-50 rams we were only after yearlings and got very close to getting Andy his first Mouflon but not quite. Sods law we were trying to get a shot at a lamb and there were about 30 rams within 100mtrs ( I'll be back )

A great weekend with good friends, seen a huge amount of game and I could have shot more if I hadn't preferred sitting in the warm with a cold beer It go's without saying we were made incredibly welcome by Heini's lovely family and stuffed with food and booze until we nearly burst.

Wayne

Now Michael I've dome mine where are all your write ups I hope you feel ashamed

I'm glad to see Andy had his priorities right. A nice cold Krombacher in hand.

A great trip mate.

I dont think you can ask for better hospitality.

Jon

Looks like a great trip ����
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Nicely done Wayne and of course Heini! As for Michael, I see he stayed out of the photos thank goodness!!!

I must agree with everything that Wayne said. The company, hospitality and game could not have been better. The amount of game we saw had to be seen to be believed. We were stalking a huge flock of Moufflon and in the same area there were groups of Roe numbering dozens. One morning at first light I was in a high seat watching the Moufflon several hundred meters away and counted around 100 Roe all around me. Needless to say deer weren't on the menu. Thanks Heini and Michael for a fantastic trip.

Thanks for your kind words, just a pleasure and great fun to host you again!

Wayne, I do feel ashamed, and yes, the write up about last year roebuck hunt needs to be continued, and yes, a write up about our come together last months is almost ready.
    Right now its just a bit too much of everything and the next trip, May, Roebucks with you is already planned....
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Hi Wayne, you told me you could not find the time to come to the Netherlands this year and 2 weeks later you and Andy sneak over to Germany....? I guess its the mouflon mating call doing its work.

Anyway WMH to you both, me and Charly hope to see you and Andy in future.

Nice write, sounds like good company and great shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    Hi Wayne, you told me you could not find the time to come to the Netherlands this year and 2 weeks later you and Andy sneak over to Germany....? I guess its the mouflon mating call doing its work.

Anyway WMH to you both, me and Charly hope to see you and Andy in future.

Sorry mate that was a very quick visit in the end of January, we will get there one day. You know me and the temptation of sheep