What base and rings are these?

Richard-gun

Hi Guys,
I have just bought a Tikka M658RH in .270 after the last owner unfortunately passed away and his rifles ended up with an RFD.

It came as a complete package including a Pecar 6x45 Champion scope which is in the rings shown below.

I have to say the scope is in lovely condition and I am impressed with it but think I will probably put something on with more magnification at some point. There is presently enough clearance under the objective lens to go to a 50mm and if I stick at a 1" tube I won't need to change anything. If however a 30mm tube came along then a minimum of new rings will be required.

I have no idea what base and rings these are so I am hoping that someone will recognise them and can advise what they are and what options there are for replacements, with luck only requiring new rings?

Many thanks, Richard

20150317_082517.jpg

20150317_083647.jpg

They look like they possibly be Hilver to me, but not absolutely certain on that.

They look like they possibly be Hilver to me, but not absolutely certain on that.

Thanks 8x57. I think you are probably right. I've had a look on Optics Warehouse and they have what looks like the identical for a Tikka M55 so hopefully rings may be available but don't look particularly common. So to stay at 1" and max 50mm is the sensible thing to do!

Back