Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving the T-3 Lite 7MM-08 behind.......

Leaving the T-3 Lite 7MM-08 behind.......

Well.... not really!
    I just had the urge to shoot my T-3 Stainless Lite in 308. The weather has turned cold again and there was the threat of snow, which always puts me in the mind for deer hunting. To balm the urge, I set up one of my corny home made deer targets at 100M before dark this evening and got off 5 shots off hand before the cold and dark drove me in. I really like these T-3 Lites. Once you get used to the light weight they are a breeze to shoot off hand.~Muir

A buddy of mine had his new Savage Axis out there as well. Talk about light years apart!

Good going. I have never read of anyone with a T3 in .308 or .270 that did not shoot very well. My .30-06 sure did, and not picky about what flavor.

I use those brown corrugated cardboard deer archery targets for practice. That is what I trained my son and his hunting buddy on with the 7mm-08 and .30-30, so they could get used to picking out a spot - the same spot - on a target set up against a backstop of dirt, dry grass and small trees.

The really stingy side of me takes those corrugated deer targets and I trace them over brown paper. I lightly mark the location for major bone groups, lungs and heart on the target but I shoot at 2.5X so I can't see them! You're right: I've not yet seen a Tikka that doesn't shoot better than it's owner.

What to hear something crazy? My buddy with the Axis paid $359 for the rifle (.223) to use as a truck gun. He put a $325 Vortex scope on top. After one trip to the range he realizes that the 7lb trigger is too heavy. Pay to get that fixed....say... $100?? He could have gone to the Scheels in the city and bought a T-3 Lite, 1-10" twist 223, for $549. Talk about nutz....~Muir

And the trigger on the T3 is nice, and easy to adjust, if you want to do so.

I have heard of a few people online saying they had trouble with a 7mm-08, or a .223, but that is online. And never anything but great groups with the .308, .30-06 and .270. Another one is the SIG SHR970. One of those, used, is a whole lot less risk than a new bargain rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    The really stingy side of me takes those corrugated deer targets and I trace them over brown paper. I lightly mark the location for major bone groups, lungs and heart on the target but I shoot at 2.5X so I can't see them! You're right: I've not yet seen a Tikka that doesn't shoot better than it's owner.

What to hear something crazy? My buddy with the Axis paid $359 for the rifle (.223) to use as a truck gun. He put a $325 Vortex scope on top. After one trip to the range he realizes that the 7lb trigger is too heavy. Pay to get that fixed....say... $100?? He could have gone to the Scheels in the city and bought a T-3 Lite, 1-10" twist 223, for $549. Talk about nutz....~Muir
    You do realize that you've just p!ssed off an entire nation by saying that you can buy a Tikka for $549.

Is there anywhere within the EU selling them for that money ?. I have a slot waiting for one in 223

Sorry. I have no clue why they are so cheap here; cheaper than most Remingtons and Savages. This one store has racks of them. Blue $549, Stainless $639, Hunter version (walnut) $700. Not a 6.5x55 to be found, though!~Muir

I bought my 30-06 T3 Lite SS in 2007 on sale as a display item for $400, and had won a $250 gift certrificate from Dicks Sports for $250. I sold it this year to a friend who had borrowed it and wanted it badly, after taking several elk and mule deer with it.

I paid $545.00 for my T3 Lite in blue steel at Sportsmans Warehouse. Gander Mountain also has them for that.

Sorry. I have no clue why they are so cheap here; cheaper than most Remingtons and Savages. This one store has racks of them. Blue $549, Stainless $639, Hunter version (walnut) $700. Not a 6.5x55 to be found, though!~Muir
    ive got a 6x5x55 t3 order me a 308! god thats cheap,
    DONT START

Got off 5 shots off hand before the cold and dark drove me in.~Muir
    Good shooting Muir!

Off hand unsupported over here is about as rare as the below approach to position shooting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bite.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	54143

K