Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement plans ?

Retirement plans ?

Part of mine is to spend more time in Arran.
    Lovely morning there today, have a look at a webcam in Brodick...

Miller Stewart | Independent Estate Agents and Property Managers

Anybody else like to share their plans?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Work for minimum wage until I'm about 85 then die with my boots on is looking quite likely!

When I started working and set up my pension my intention very naively was to retire at 50 and spend the rest of my years shooting and fishing and generally leaning on farm gates talking...

Well I recon Iím a long way from that.... knocking on 40 and as Glyn 1 says Iíll still be working till I drop...

I'm dependant on my relatives dying in the correct sequence & even then that would probably only allow me to go part time in my seventies. At least I do something I enjoy.

Most people always want more and are never happy with what they have. You are here for a good time not a long time. Make the most of what you have!

Based on my projected pension payments, I can retire on half pay when I reach 134
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I see chaps, a mixture of laughter and tears there.
    Just like life itself.

I have to laugh at these adverts for "Viking River Cruises" etc where it shows really not very old folk dolled up sitting on a boat on the Rhine maybe and drinking wine.
    My idea of Hell.

PS...I know what you mean re pensions, I won't be well off but I'll settle for freedom.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I'm dependant on my relatives dying in the correct sequence & even then that would probably only allow me to go part time in my seventies. At least I do something I enjoy.
    Make sure that you factor in the prospect of them spending the last five years in a care home at £600/week!

I'm intent on winning the bloody lottery long before I hit retirement age, as I reckon soon there won't be a retirement age as no money in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I'm intent on winning the bloody lottery long before I hit retirement age, as I reckon soon there won't be a retirement age as no money in the pot.
    I was thinking about a victimless bullion robbery, anyone want to put a team together? At least if we get caught we get to spend the next twenty years in a HM Queen and Sons care home so its win win as far as I can see.