H4831sc

DC .270

Does anyone know where to get hold of H4831sc powder? I was kindly helped out by Flyingfisherman last time I got stuck but it's still like hens teeth round here.

Thanks

DC

Prestige Firearms in Helston has H4831 in but I don't know if they have SC aswell. Call John on 01326 572130. Closed today though.

Obviously miles from you but local to me and I'm coming home shortly. If they have it I can bring it up for you. Where in North Yorkshire you live?

It's known as AR2213 in its country of origin. I haven't had a problem getting it down here even though lots people are still hoarding powders due to continual rumours about supply problems. AR2213 is my 300 & 270 magnum powder & I it's guess about the fourth most popular powder after AR2208, AR2206 & AR2209. Rumour has it that ADI is going to discontinue one of its pistol powders & I don't know if hodgdon buy that one & rebrand it too, but I don't believe that there is currently a problem with production or supply of any rifle powder.

Sharkey

Thanks gents.

I'll try northallerton when they open at the weekend. Failing that, thank you Jim. Very kind of you to offer. I live about 10miles North of Leeds. Not sure how that suits.

Thanks,

DC

When I bought my 270 years ago I used H4831 very successfully but changed to Re22 when Hodgdon powders were in short supply. I never changed back. Not what you asked I know :).

Thanks gents.

I'll try northallerton when they open at the weekend. Failing that, thank you Jim. Very kind of you to offer. I live about 10miles North of Leeds. Not sure how that suits.

Thanks,

DC

I'll be travelling to York. I could meet you off the A1 as I pass. Just let me know if it's a go mate.

Back