Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deerhunter Montana - Replace Camo Outer Membrane With Non Camo

Deerhunter Montana - Replace Camo Outer Membrane With Non Camo

Hello Gents

Bought some of these about 4 years ago in Realtree before I was aware of Deer Stalking and SD. Very nice to wear but..............

Starting to think I maybe I should get rid of camo when I am out stalking alone, in case I bump into people etc.

Anybody know if out membranes can be easily swapped over on Trousers / Jackets, so go from Realtree to Green or Brown.

Cheers!

Surely if you're wearing camo you'll pass those less than desirable people undetected?

I have for at least the last 35 years.

K

There's nothing quite like appearing, fully camo'd up, face veil and rifle, in front of a couple of bobble hats who shouldn't be walking where they are!

Its one of life's simple pleasures.....
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I am sure scaring ramblers/dog walkers is a rewarding hobby but I am not sure it is beneficial to my new stalking arrangements. Especially whilst dragging the carcass of that "nice little deer we saw every day walking my dog."

To answer my own question - the outer membrane could be substituted, but it appears they are not available to buy by themselves. So looks like I shall remained camo clad for foreseeable future, unless has some lying around.

i kind of like blending in letting them pass me bye without knowing its fun, but i must admit i dont allways wear camo exept t shirt or under armour,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 18-03-2015 at 20:25.
    DONT START

Apologies for earlier thread joviality - if you can, try the Redkettle kit - looks nice and more approachable than camo

Ctrl-Alt FACT

No worries Hereford. ADRF - see where you are coming from but does sound a bit "wrong", or thats what a phycologist might say.
    No luck looking online for Redkettle - how much cash?
    I reckon half camo is socially acceptable, so I could wear a pair of decent pair of green / brown trousers.........what make?

Redkettle website down (for upgrade it says?) any way - what's your budget?

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Never mind about wearing camo...It's the dirty buggers roaming around the woods in lumberjack shirts you want to watch......Especially if they ask you to squeal like a pig!!

Quote Originally Posted by JRLA View Post
    I reckon half camo is socially acceptable, so I could wear a pair of decent pair of green / brown trousers.........what make?
    Half camo just says 'Poacher' darling

Ctrl-Alt FACT