Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dead deer on a14

dead deer on a14

Might sound like a daft question but has any one else seen a dead female deer on the east bound side of the a14 just west of Brampton its big I thought it was a fallow but my mate thinks it looks like a red hind he has a lot more experience than me but neither of us got a good look its def not the usual munty Chinese or roe that we see round here

I'll have a look later as I'm going past. I beat right near there and we had 3 red stags on the ground about 18 months ago and there are also Sika round there so may be one of those mate. How far along form Brampton Hut?

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Red deer are quite regularly seen in the area and quite a few fallow pass through - but I've not seen a Sika near here yet though Stratts?

Very interesting....

ATB

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Its only a few miles I saw it when coming back from spaldwick if you could work it out I would appreciate it I have seen fallow on the other side of Peterborough but sika I haven't heard of round here but everything moves I suppose does sound quite interesting though is there anywhere that has all 6 species in 1 county

Quote Originally Posted by shakey jake View Post
    Its only a few miles I saw it when coming back from spaldwick if you could work it out I would appreciate it I have seen fallow on the other side of Peterborough but sika I haven't heard of round here but everything moves I suppose does sound quite interesting though is there anywhere that has all 6 species in 1 county
    I can't think of a county that definitely has all six, you'd need to see where there were sika and see if there's also CWD, I suppose Norfolk is the best bet if there are sika anywhere. Quite a few have five species.

Sika where not far from there at lady rothchilds not so long ago .some escaped .
    norma

Cambs has all 6 species. I have seen 5 within 20 mins of my house and I know Fallow are present but not seen by me yet, although I can't stalk them all unfortunately as some species are off limits on certain bits of ground!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Thats got to be frustrating are you in Peterborough I'm over at chatteris I have seen or heard of most round here do you see many sika

There were plenty of Jap Sika near Oundle outside Peterborough. The Rothchild estate Ashton Hall had a good healthy population. I stalked the area a number of times in the past, although the estate has now changed a great deal I believe.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    There are red in the district; our Beagles hunt the country a couple of miles north of the A14 and our farming hosts have seen red on their land [as well as Roe, Fallow and Muntjac...in the same day]