Canadian, eh!

SNAP

Hi, all, I am an older Canadian, born, live in BC, 56 years of shooting, 50+ hunting, owned/loaded for, shot many guns (about 150), former wilderness worker and Forest Service, etc. member, now retired and with about 50 guns, mostly higher end big game bolt rifles.

Still hunt big game, backpack, new Toyota 4x4, wilderness camp, prefer winter solo snowshoe treks and own-train fine PB Rottweiler dogs.

Happy to help with any guns, gear and how to queries relative to hunts, etc. here in western/northern Canada and hope to enjoy this site as I do a few US and Canadian gun/hunting sites.

Cheers! :)

Hi, all, I am an older Canadian, born, live in BC, 56 years of shooting, 50+ hunting, owned/loaded for, shot many guns (about 150), former wilderness worker and Forest Service, etc. member, now retired and with about 50 guns, mostly higher end big game bolt rifles.

Still hunt big game, backpack, new Toyota 4x4, wilderness camp, prefer winter solo snowshoe treks and own-train fine PB Rottweiler dogs.

Happy to help with any guns, gear and how to queries relative to hunts, etc. here in western/northern Canada and hope to enjoy this site as I do a few US and Canadian gun/hunting sites.

Cheers! :)

Welcome indeed!

I suppose the obvious question is what is the scope for non resident hunting in Canada... I am 50 next year and was looking at hunting in the USA or Canada as a significant birthday treat but am lead to believe it is prohibitively expensive as a non resident, Canada more so than the USA?

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Welcome Snap
By coincidence, I have family living in the Abbotsford area & have visited there a few times & would like to return - It's a fantastic base for the wilds of BC! - My nephew Mike is a bit of a mountain man & does a bit of hunting - he got a nice mule deer this last season with his 30-06.

Ian

A warm welcome to you snap what a wonderful place you hail from you really are a lucky one bazil

Back