Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yukon Photon - Failure of pixels - Anyone had similar problems?

Yukon Photon - Failure of pixels - Anyone had similar problems?

Gents

Called Scottt Country this week to explain that a number of pixels have failed on my new Photon [most recent version] and they tell me that I cannot return it unless a minimum of 5 pixels have failed. The pixels look like big black dirt marks on the lens and are very annoying when looking through the lens. Just wondered if anyone else has had any problems with their Photon or with trying to get it repaired/replaced under the warranty?

Cheers

P

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Gents

Called Scottt Country this week to explain that a number of pixels have failed on my new Photon [most recent version] and they tell me that I cannot return it unless a minimum of 5 pixels have failed. The pixels look like big black dirt marks on the lens and are very annoying when looking through the lens. Just wondered if anyone else has had any problems with their Photon or with trying to get it repaired/replaced under the warranty?

Cheers

P
    Rubbish, they are trying it on, the sale of goods act is on your side, you have every right to return it and ask for a replacement, it has a fault which makes unfit for purpose.
    The responsibility lies with the retailer not the manufacturer to put it right.

Ian.

Well i wont be buying one at kelso now...they never replied to my emails and now they wont repair or replace damaged products....crap service...u cany beat a good old t67....
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Rubbish, they are trying it on, the sale of goods act is on your side, you have every right to return it and ask for a replacement, it has a fault which makes unfit for purpose.
    The responsibility lies with the retailer not the manufacturer to put it right.

Ian.
    Thanks Ian - Will take a look at that tonight.

Cheers

Email Yukon direct and tell them that story svetlanarichter@yukonopticsglobal.com bet you get a positive reaction.

Indeed....dont buy a photon.....you can get a reliable homebuild system for less and performs better

Where?
    I don't fancy building one myself.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

For anyone thinking of buying the photon, I would highly recommend that you also budget for the doubler [135 + postage], you will also need the silicone recommended for the thread [cost me 14.95]. Once you add it all up it may be worth looking at other options.

Cheers

P

What about the latest model with greater magnification?
    I think it's 6x mag
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Not tried that one... Photon is ok for the money, but if buying one get hold of some re-chargable batteries, as it gobbles them up very quick.