Yukon Photon - Failure of pixels - Anyone had similar problems?

When i called looking for a mount for mine as with the cheap mount i have the rifle was shhoting way too low to get a zero i was told it was the unit itself that was faulty but as id bought the unit through a mate the warrenty was void, it appears from other forums that i'm not the only one told this !
I have also seen on forums that the warrenty is not transferable, however according to yukon themselves the warrenty is for thee years not one and yukon cannot understand why people are being told buying a second hand unit voids the warrenty, according to them it does not.

For the record- my unit is not faulty and never was, all i wanted was to buy a photon specific mount from scott country when i called but after the way i was dealt with, ill be going elsewhare.
Tikkat3

With regards to 2nd owner devices, Thomas Jacks the UK distributor requests a proof of purchase from the original purchaser/owner to be returned with their warranty issue.

If the person returning does not have a proof of purchase from a Pulsar or Yukon dealer, then we are told we cannot return it under warranty.

Not our decision on this one I am afraid, we have to abide by the rules of the distributor.

Tikka T3 as for the issue you are describing, I am not sure who you spoke with, but that issue is a problem with the reticle system we have seen once or twice previously (but was common on the 5x42) and therefore may constitute a warranty issue.

Simply adding an adjustable mount "may" solve the issue, but it is not something you should have to do, and therefore perhaps faulty.

I would suggest speaking to Jamie at Thomas Jacks on 01789264100 for his opinion.

Last edited:
I was going to get one of these.
some one emailed me a tremendous offer, but when I took it up with my usual gun shop, they said it was the previous model.
it was a Friday, and when I said I would have the latest model, they said been on back order since Jan, due in April sometime, and to make things worse, they advised me a further upgraded model was on the cards for third quarter this year.
No new scope for me, for a while then

With regards to 2nd owner devices, Thomas Jacks the UK distributor requests a proof of purchase from the original purchaser/owner to be returned with their warranty issue.

If the person returning does not have a proof of purchase from a Pulsar or Yukon dealer, then we are told we cannot return it under warranty.

Not our decision on this one I am afraid, we have to abide by the rules of the distributor.

Tikka T3 as for the issue you are describing, I am not sure who you spoke with, but that issue is a problem with the reticle system we have seen once or twice previously (but was common on the 5x42) and therefore may constitute a warranty issue.

Simply adding an adjustable mount "may" solve the issue, but it is not something you should have to do, and therefore perhaps faulty.

I would suggest speaking to Jamie at Thomas Jacks on 01789264100 for his opinion.

So is the proof of purchase transferable?

Update - Scott Country were true to their word and exchanged the defective Photon in 4 days.

Excellent service, many thanks.

Back