Thread: Tikka T3 lite 6.5x55 hand load test results

Tikka T3 lite 6.5x55 hand load test results

Hey guys,
    finally went to the local gun range this morning to test my 6.5swede hand loads,
    i am using 140g hornady sst's PMC cases, ADI 2209 powder and federal large rifle primers here's the best group I could get( I'm a terrible shot) was 20mm from centre to centre in 4 shots.
    cheers wes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

The flyer was all me too

Quote Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
    The flyer was all me too
    It's not a flier when it's you. It's a "flier" when it isn't!

My girl friend was practicing shooting off hand with my 6.5x55 FN this evening, shooting off the 40 rounds of SST's I loaded onto paper targets. After such bad results in 30 cal I've resolved not to shoot any SST at game. Nice T-3. At a local shop I can get any caliber T-3 Lite they make except 6.5x55. No idea why that is. If they had one I'd give it to my girlfriend so she doesn't have to borrow my FN.~Muir

I love my 6.5, it's only new but I think it's taken the "favorite" from my BSA,
    SST's are the only projectiles I can get at the moment. What caused you to loose confidence in them?

I love my 6.5, it's only new but I think it's taken the "favorite" from my BSA,
    SST's are the only projectiles I can get at the moment. What caused you to loose confidence in them?
    Watched too many deer being wounded with them, requiring multiple hits after what should have been a lethal first round hit. I shoot Game Kings and Game Pro's myself, but the SST's were inexpensive and plentiful so I loaded them for family and friends. I'm a little sorry I did.~Muir

Fair enough. What weight game kings? I mainly shoot pigs but fallow and reds are also on the menu.

Fair enough. What weight game kings? I mainly shoot pigs but fallow and reds are also on the menu.
    I shoot 140's. Never a second shot needed on large mule deer and whitetails.~Muir