Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England/France

England/France

Well what a load of crap. England have to get rid of Mike Brown because he obviously didn't know where his position was on the pitch.

Everytime France had a run it was a clear pitch as he was nowhere in sight until too late and Ford needs to learn to pass the ball and stop kicking possession away

Rant over
    Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 21-03-2015 at 19:14. Reason: spelling

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Well what a load of crap. England have to get rid of Mike Brown because he obviously didn't know where his position was on the pitch.

Everytime France had a run it was a clear pitch as he was nowhere in sight until too late and Ford needs to lear to pass the ball and stop kicking possession away

Rant over
    Sorry, were you watching the same game?? It's been a marvellous day for rugby. Every game has surpassed the previous one, which was unbelievable. Ireland, Wales and England played some of the most attractive rugby we've seen for years. Just because England didn't win doesn't detract from the game itself.

England were left with a tough target to chase but didn't disgrace themselves. I thought Ford ran some beautiful lines - he was instrumental to Young's and Nowell's tries.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 21-03-2015 at 19:11.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Yes they need to stop kicking Possession away !!!

Although Brown wasn't in position neither was Nowell, but both played well when ball was in possession.

Was watching judge Judy....did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmart View Post
    If you have even a passing interest in rugby the game would be worth watching on iPlayer. You won't be bored

If you have a target number of points to get and Englands was 26 then why kick the ball away and let you opponents run at you again. Tactical kicking but nobody following up and putting pressure on. Yes I know they did some good but you still need someone back at home in case there is a break from the opponents. When England keep hold of the ball and put pressure on they do far better in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmart View Post
    A 'Y' chromosome?

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    If you have a target number of points to get and Englands was 26 then why kick the ball away and let you opponents run at you again. Tactical kicking but nobody following up and putting pressure on. Yes I know they did some good but you still need someone back at home in case there is a break from the opponents. When England keep hold of the ball and put pressure on they do far better in the game.
    Because sometimes kicking is still the better option....and sometimes a decision has to be made on the spur of the moment when the opposition is bearing down on you.

Both England and France were chasing the game. Unlike Wales and Ireland, this meant England had an unpredictable opponent who - on their day - can more than hold their own. Remember the 2011 World Cup final?

That England failed to reach that target is disappointing, but the result shouldn't detract from the game itself. Ireland are worthy champions, Wales set the benchmark for the final day, but England have probably come out strongest from the day.

Irrespective of the outcome, Young Pine Marten said "alebele" ("Allez les Bleus") for the first time today so I enjoyed the match despite the result.
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"