Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights to Namibia

Flights to Namibia

Afternoon gentlemen. Has anyone experience of travel to Namibia with firearms. Looking for a less stress rather than economy.
    Dont know weather to go Joberg then Windhook or Europe to Windhook.
    Cheers, Tusker

I have been twice (a few years ago) Gatwick to Windhoek direct overnight flight. I used Air Namibia.
    They were pretty clued up as were the Gatwick security personnel.

Hi Mark, did you not get any help from Brian? I would have thought that now he is an African Agent he would have his fingers on the pulse regarding all flights in that direction.
    Are you not going back to Kei River ?

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hi Mark, did you not get any help from Brian? I would have thought that now he is an African Agent he would have his fingers on the pulse regarding all flights in that direction.
    Are you not going back to Kei River ?
    Hi Eddy, Brian is absalulty great with S.A. and Kei river and I would have no hesitation on returning there. A top pro outfit. But I have been there twice and just fancy something and somewere different. The prices and fees are very competative in Namibia and it is that bit wilder as there are only 2 million people in the whole country. Looking forward to taking an animal with my bow.
    Hope you are well mate. How was the boar hunting this year?
    Tusker.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    I have been twice (a few years ago) Gatwick to Windhoek direct overnight flight. I used Air Namibia.
    They were pretty clued up as were the Gatwick security personnel.
    Only direct flights from Europe now are from Frankfurt with Air Namibia.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Hi Eddy, Brian is absalulty great with S.A. Looking forward to taking an animal with my bow. Hope you are well mate. How was the boar hunting this year? Tusker.
    Ah, I thought Brian would have known all the routes and peculiarities for flights in that direction.
    So you fancy yourself as abit of a Robin Hood eh !
    I would feel more comfortable with a crossbow than a long bow.
    Yes, four trips this last season, two to Hungary and two to Croatia.
    Two very good and two not so good, two were more like an 18-30 club trip with guns and it was the first time I have ever had my disability made fun of, very embarrassing, so never again with them I'm afraid.
    Looking forward to this coming season, just bought a Maral to give it a try.

Still trying to work this one out myself. I go in 6 weeks to Joburg then Windhoek. I'm used to it in SA so will let you know when I get back if you haven;t sorted it.
    Adrian
    UK Agent for Settlers Safaris
    Grahamstown, South Africa
    Etosha Conservancy, Namibia
    Hunting Safaris | Big Game Hunting | Safari Hunter
    Home

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Hunter View Post
    Still trying to work this one out myself. I go in 6 weeks to Joburg then Windhoek. I'm used to it in SA so will let you know when I get back if you haven;t sorted it.
    Adrian
    many thanks Adrian, We wont be going till next year so please p.m. me on your return. By the way it is the route I was thinking of.
    Tusker.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Ah, I thought Brian would have known all the routes and peculiarities for flights in that direction.
    So you fancy yourself as abit of a Robin Hood eh !
    I would feel more comfortable with a crossbow than a long bow.
    Yes, four trips this last season, two to Hungary and two to Croatia.
    Two very good and two not so good, two were more like an 18-30 club trip with guns and it was the first time I have ever had my disability made fun of, very embarrassing, so never again with them I'm afraid.
    Looking forward to this coming season, just bought a Maral to give it a try.
    Tell you what mate, if me and Gadge had been there they wouldnt have taken the p1ss . Bloody makes my blood boil. Your injury came in the service of our country.
    I know you are a dedicated boar hunter but I would love for you to experience Africa. And you you would be with good company.
    Tusker

The only direct flight to Windhoek is from Frankfurt on Air Namibia - I'm travelling that way tomorrow!

Been to Namibia twice before, but not with a rifle - hired the last time. My only concern is that the connection is a bit tighter than I would like (1 1/4 hours) - but otherwise travelling from Aberdeen is usually pretty easy - at least compared to e.g. Heathrow.

Will report back.