Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Other Mutts

My Other Mutts

Dont know if I am allowed to post some pics of my other mutts, but please remove if it cant.
    I breed the occassional litter of labs when i have orders, mainly for working, with the odd pet ordered as well.
    Anyhow we have 4 labs, 2 black, mother and son, hes a big fella 40kg, all muscle-no fat, then two yellow, mother and daughter, the yellow mother is the black boys daughter, so 4 generation really. Then we have a sprocker and the spin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails millyndummy1.JPG   Waterwork.JPG   web pics 199.jpg   web pics 061.jpg   cassndummy1.JPG  

Glad i`m not paying the food bill.
    Knew a chap once that had a Sprocker. To see it work was a dream.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Hi Michelle,
    Very nice looking dog's and good pic's, the black lab standing in the water just look's like mine and she loves the water also.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

Nice looking crowd Michelle, we used to have a houseful too, but down to two now, the others are enjoying the garden.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    michelle

What great photos! The black labs look just like our two - but then all black labs look the same

Here's a couple of photos of our cocker, Sika, deciding that it was more fun in the river salmon fishing with me than chasing squirrels up and down the bank The second photo is where she's obviously impressed by my success with the salmon.....NOT

willie_gunn

Scott My boy lab is a smasher, obviously my fave, trained him to a tee, on the shoots he has picked american black turkeys and cleared 4ft fences, an amazing brute of a dog, also known to bring down the odd fox when out beating or retrieve the ones that were shot-he hates them...The sprocker is a cool little fella, size of a cocker but springer colours, great little game finder.
    They dont cost that much to feed - a 15kg bag(10) a week plus 2 of my daughters work in the abboiteur, so a plentiful supply of offal, 30p a kilo! 3 times a week.
    The only drawback is not enuff time when the bitches are in season, too many outings - split excercising

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    michelle

Out of interest, where were the black turkeys? I was on a shoot near Basingstoke this year that had them - great lumbering Lancasters by comparison to the partridge. Didn't want to shoot one in case it landed on me

willie_gunn

Willie

the gamekeeper/rearer of the shoot I pick up on has them in Mid Wales, they are like great big hurricanes coming over you when in flight and boy do they crash when hit, theyre like a bouncing bomb coming at you and you certainly have to move. Have got a piccie of one the oh shot but cant for the life of me find it.

michelle

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Willie

the gamekeeper/rearer of the shoot I pick up on has them in Mid Wales, they are like great big hurricanes coming over you when in flight and boy do they crash when hit, theyre like a bouncing bomb coming at you and you certainly have to move. Have got a piccie of one the oh shot but cant for the life of me find it.

michelle
    is that leagal???
    never realised you could rear and release them for shooting in the UK

i must confess that i hav never shot one with a gun, only with the camera

Been on a shoot by Knucklas just outside Knighton. They have black turkeys as well as guinee fowl.
    makes a change from pheasants and ducks.

The trouble is they fine you if you don't shoot at them and they fine you if you miss. If you shoot one it costs a bottle of port, your buggered either way

Jonathon