Thread: Wanted - a bit cheeky but worth a try?

Wanted - a bit cheeky but worth a try?

I'm on the look out for a couple of s/s & o/u shotguns and a couple of rifles. Ideally guns heading for the scrap heap!
    I'm wanting to get the guns/ rifles de-activated, to use as training guns at the college. It will for stalking shooting safety practise without the security worry of "live" firearms.
    I'm afraid I have no budget for purchase but I'm happy ( the college) to pay RFD - RFD costs.

thanks in advance

Damn! Just scrapped an old shotgun , sorry

Thats a very good idea and one that I had considered myself in the past. I am going to be away for a week but when I get back I will have a word with my old boss as I know there are at least a couple of old Brno's in the gunroom that are never used.

Another thought, how about contacting Police Scotland re seized or handed in firearms? I'm sure the answer would normally be a very fast no but maybe your college carries a bit more weight.

Even if you get the gun for free you will need it deactivated and a proper deactivation certificate and that's where the cost will come in.
    I was told recently by a gunsmith that there is a fair amount of work/time needed to comply with the latest regulations.
    You will probably be looking at over 100.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Even if you get the gun for free you will need it deactivated and a proper deactivation certificate and that's where the cost will come in.
    I was told recently by a gunsmith that there is a fair amount of work/time needed to comply with the latest regulations.
    You will probably be looking at over 100.
    There's nothing to stop an individual undertaking the work himself - the specificaitons are in a Statutory Instrument and available on the Home Office website - and submitting the gun to the Proof House for inspection and certification. The only cost then is shipping and the Proof House fee.

-JMS

Send me a PM with some contact details and I'll ring you today with what we've got should be at least 2 OU 12 bores.

I've a 20b SxS Zabala that you can have if you cover transfer costs. I keep meaning to scrap it (loose barrel hinge, very tatty and eratic second trigger), but sounds like it could be ideal for your needs. PM me.

Thanks Guys

I've had quite a big response!

yes, we know the cost etc. We have a gunsmith that we deal with regularly and we are fully aware of the procedures , legislation etc.

many thanks

Check out Scotarms auctions, they have cheap deacts and it us not uncommon for old rifles and shotguns to go for 5. Next auction is 29.04.15. Catalogue normally on line a week before auction.