Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Voere .22LR Semi Auto.

  1. #1

    Voere .22LR Semi Auto.

    I am currently using an Anschutz 525 for both Club Target Shooting and for "Bunny Bashing" etc. With Magtec Sub-Sonics for "Bunny Bashing" and CCI for Target Shooting (With a Sirocco SM II moderator) I am getting "reasonable results" but recently I have been thinking that I might get a slight improvement in accuracy by using a Bolt Action rather than a Semi Auto, so with that in mind I have a (Cheap and Per-Owned)) Voere Semi Auto waiting for me at the gun shop ready for when my FAC gets back to me with the variation on it (Should be any day now).
    My line of thinking with the Voere is that I can still retain the speed of a Semi Auto when needed for the few club shoots where speed is of the essence (We have one competition in particular where you only have 10 seconds to get 10 shots off at the target) but I can still (Maybe) gain a little in accuracy when on standard target shooting (Where speed is not so important) and when out in the field after rabbits etc by locking the bolt in it's "single shot" position to act the same as a Blot Action Rifle (Again where speed is not so important)

    Does anyone have any experience with a Voere .22LR and if so what are your opinions on this rifle and your thoughts on my line of thinking please?

    Just a quick thought - I know that some of you will say that I would be better off with a Semi Auto and a Bolt Action .22LR (Which I agree with) but (For personal reasons) I would prefer to only have one .22LR rifle in my cabinet!



  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I am currently using an Anschutz 525 for both Club Target Shooting and for "Bunny Bashing" etc. With Magtec Sub-Sonics for "Bunny Bashing" and CCI for Target Shooting (With a Sirocco SM II moderator) I am getting "reasonable results" but recently I have been thinking that I might get a slight improvement in accuracy by using a Bolt Action rather than a Semi Auto, so with that in mind I have a (Cheap and Per-Owned)) Voere Semi Auto waiting for me at the gun shop ready for when my FAC gets back to me with the variation on it (Should be any day now).
    My line of thinking with the Voere is that I can still retain the speed of a Semi Auto when needed for the few club shoots where speed is of the essence (We have one competition in particular where you only have 10 seconds to get 10 shots off at the target) but I can still (Maybe) gain a little in accuracy when on standard target shooting (Where speed is not so important) and when out in the field after rabbits etc by locking the bolt in it's "single shot" position to act the same as a Blot Action Rifle (Again where speed is not so important)

    Does anyone have any experience with a Voere .22LR and if so what are your opinions on this rifle and your thoughts on my line of thinking please?

    Just a quick thought - I know that some of you will say that I would be better off with a Semi Auto and a Bolt Action .22LR (Which I agree with) but (For personal reasons) I would prefer to only have one .22LR rifle in my cabinet!
    Voere are very good rifles. I have shot and handled two different examples, and I was very impressed with accuracy and reliability. I will explain in person next week.

  3. #3
    I have a voere .22lr bolt action i cant fault the rifle in anyway.

    Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kev.rem700 View Post
    I have a voere .22lr bolt action i cant fault the rifle in anyway.

    Regards kev
    �� same as above but have had the same rifle for over 20 years an never jammed. Or misfired in all off that time , old looking now but wouldn't part wae it for anything!
    Last edited by wattygun; 24-03-2015 at 14:17. Reason: mistake

  5. #5
    Pete You know my views on Voere, the semi auto I have had for 30 years is still batting on and as accurate as the day it came out the factory, last outing it accounted for 30 rabbits, we could have had more but decided enough is enough.

    “If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

  6. #6
    I thought I was a bit odd with my old Voere - but apparently not so odd as I thought. I bought mine second hand for £40 in 1973 and it's still going strong, I couldn't guess how many rounds I've put through it over the years. I regularly use it for pest control and club gallery type competitions and it hold it's own against pretty well anything and beats most in when it comes to accuracy.

    The quality of the barrel is excellent, the trigger not brilliant, the plastic trigger housing looks tacky. It's easy to strip and clean, reliable if kept reasonably clean. Unfashionably long, especially when it's wearing the PH mod. The mags are hard to find, the standard mag holds 8 but I also have a 15 shot mag.

    A couple of years ago I started to get the odd misfire and deduced that the firing pin spring was weak. I emailed Voere in Austria, explained I'd had the rifle for 40 years and they sent me a new FP and a recoil spring free of charge.

    I've also got a Sako Finnfire .22 which is marginally more accurate for the 90-110 yard shots but for the average 50-70 yard type shot I'm as happy with either.

    Here it is in it's NV roll.


  7. #7
    Well, after finally getting over this wretched virus at last I managed to get out and pick up the Voere .22LR Semi Auto last Wednesday. I had already scoped it up and zeroed it while at the shop a couple of weeks ago. I got it home and started to strip it down for a deep and thorough clean as it had been stored in the shop for quite a while. The barrel wasn't too bad but the trigger, hammer spring and firing pin were quite "messy", but a good and thorough clean, polish and light oil soon had everything sorted.
    I then took it up to a farm close to me on Thursday and checked and set the zero at 50 yards and then went on to try it at 75 and 100 yards to check on any holdover necessary and all was fine, and to check it on both "Semi Auto" mode and "Single Shot" mode! The "deep clean" seemed to have done quite a good job regarding reliability, (It doesn't seem to want to miss a beat), and I have to say that it is one of the easiest rifles I have ever stripped down. At the same time I made sure that the barrel was fully floating, which it wasn't before!
    I went out to one of my permissions yesterday afternoon to try to christen it using Magtec Sub-Sonics, which I have found out that the rifle performs very well with. All I did was to sit in the edge of a large gully about 70 yards wide and wait for any rabbits to show theirselves from a warren the other side of the gully at a range of about 55 yards.Three rabbits showed themselves (one at a time) and four shots were fired. The results were three rabbits dead - I was shooting from the sitting position without a bipod and I have to admit that I pulled one shot slightly and didn't get a clean kill so it took a second shot to "finish the rabbit off", but that was my shooting and not the fault of the rifle.
    All I need to do now is tow things. One is to fit a stock extension - The ony thing I can fault is that this Voere has a very short reach, about 13.5" LOP so I am going to put an inch rubber spacer between the stock and the but plate. Secondly the barrel is going in to be screw cut next week so that it can take my Sirocco moderator. I had thought about getting the barrel shortened at the same time but I can see no reason why I need to shorten the barrel with the accuracy and power that it is giving in it's present form. - Why try to fix it if it aint broke?
    Am I happy with my choice of 22LR - YES, DEFINITELY SO, and to prove it the slow cooker is now on with a nice rabbit casserole containing four back legs and two saddles for mine and my step sons tea tonight and a neighbour is going to enjoy the other rabbit for her Dinner today!
    Last edited by FrenchieBoy; 18-04-2015 at 08:09.



  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    Well, after finally getting over this wretched virus at last I managed to get out and pick up the Voere .22LR Semi Auto last Wednesday. I had already scoped it up and zeroed it while at the shop a couple of weeks ago. I got it home and started to strip it down for a deep and thorough clean as it had been stored in the shop for quite a while. The barrel wasn't too bad but the trigger, hammer spring and firing pin were quite "messy", but a good and thorough clean, polish and light oil soon had everything sorted.
    I then took it up to a farm close to me on Thursday and checked and set the zero at 50 yards and then went on to try it at 75 and 100 yards to check on any holdover necessary and all was fine, and to check it on both "Semi Auto" mode and "Single Shot" mode! The "deep clean" seemed to have done quite a good job regarding reliability, (It doesn't seem to want to miss a beat), and I have to say that it is one of the easiest rifles I have ever stripped down. At the same time I made sure that the barrel was fully floating, which it wasn't before!
    I went out to one of my permissions yesterday afternoon to try to christen it using Magtec Sub-Sonics, which I have found out that the rifle performs very well with. All I did was to sit in the edge of a large gully about 70 yards wide and wait for any rabbits to show theirselves from a warren the other side of the gully at a range of about 55 yards.Three rabbits showed themselves (one at a time) and four shots were fired. The results were three rabbits dead - I was shooting from the sitting position without a bipod and I have to admit that I pulled one shot slightly and didn't get a clean kill so it took a second shot to "finish the rabbit off", but that was my shooting and not the fault of the rifle.
    All I need to do now is tow things. One is to fit a stock extension - The ony thing I can fault is that this Voere has a very short reach, about 13.5" LOP so I am going to put an inch rubber spacer between the stock and the but plate. Secondly the barrel is going in to be screw cut next week so that it can take my Sirocco moderator. I had thought about getting the barrel shortened at the same time but I can see no reason why I need to shorten the barrel with the accuracy and power that it is giving in it's present form. - Why try to fix it if it aint broke?
    Am I happy with my choice of 22LR - YES, DEFINITELY SO, and to prove it the slow cooker is now on with a nice rabbit casserole containing four back legs and two saddles for mine and my step sons tea tonight and a neighbour is going to enjoy the other rabbit for her Dinner today!

    Nice one Pete, glad the new rifle is serving you well,

    hope we you are fit and well mate,

    atb

    kjf

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Nice one Pete, glad the new rifle is serving you well,

    hope we you are fit and well mate,

    atb

    kjf
    The wife and I are "getting there". Many thanks for your well wishes! We haven't got rid of this darned virus completely but at least we are able to get out and about.
    The slow cooker has now come up to temperature and the smell of the Rabbit Casserole (Rabbit, carrots, onion, swede, parsnips, leeks, seasoning and a Knor Chicken Casserole Miix) is making my mouth water already, the only thing I forgot to buy for it was a can of cider, but not to worry, I have a couple of bottles of Spitfire to wash it down!
    That should set me up nicely for one of our Club Clay Shoots tomorrow!



  10. #10
    Excellent - I was out with my Voere this morning - Result was one rabbit and a mole. Handy, light accurate little rifle but a crappy trigger compared to my Finnfire.

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted .22lr semi auto
    By joed in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 13:54
  2. best .22lr semi-auto
    By private fraser in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 13:30
  3. semi auto 22lr advise
    By 223 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 21:32
  4. For Sale Magtech .22LR Semi Auto
    By siamsteve1968 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-02-2013, 00:50
  5. For Sale CZ511 .22LR semi auto
    By soulboy1957 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 18:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •