Thread: Hi All

Hi All

A short intro from me, I have interest in all fieldsports and look after a pheasant shoot on a small private estate.I am based on the Shropshire/Powys border and are due to apply for a variation on my fac to include a deer caliber rifle.Stalking has never really appealed to me before but I can tell once you have been bitten by the bug it is hard to shake off.I will no doubt be pestering you all for info and advice in the near future.
    Thanks Mellors

welcome mate u pick the right forum to pester for info some great blokes on this site

gadget

Hi Mellors,
    Welcome to wonderland. Whereabouts is your shoot. I go beating and working my dogs on a few shoots around here in sunny Shropshire.

John.

Hello mellors welcome to the site enjoy you stay.

Thanks for the welcome.The shoot is just outside Craven Arms Vislamad,what part of shrops do you go beating?

I work the dogs on the Lydham shoot also book a day on that one at end of season, also do a bit for Will aka WilloGame on his Ploughden shoot, may also book a day on his one this season if I can get a bloody job! Also a member of a small pheasant shoot near Montgomary (no deer on this one though unfortunately) in fact there is a dearth of them round here and where there is a few its all taken up. Belong to another small shoot in Hertfordshire where I am fortunate to stalk the fallow with the owner of that land. If you need a hand sometime, give us a shout its not to stressful a journey for me is it?
    Or if you fancey a pint and talk some stalking ****** you can generaly find me in the Tuns.

John.

Hi John
    Ive got you now! the visla bit should have given it away sooner.I popped into the Tuns last sat afternoon for a couple but you were conspicuos by your absence.
    I will PM you.
    Last edited by mellors; 06-04-2010 at 21:57.