Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photon night sight, buy now or wait for new model ?

Photon night sight, buy now or wait for new model ?

Title says it really.

I will be buying a Photon, just wondered if the new one had any real advantage or disadvantage.
    The new one isn't around in the uk yet as far as I know so it's not available to see.
    Tricky.

Any thoughts ?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Hi PF,

Is another new Photon on the way or do you mean the XT?

I have the MKI 5x42 Photon which for the price is very good, with a NM 800 bolted on I can easily shoot 100yds. The onboard IR is good but a bit 'grainy' compared to the NM800. I have had a look through the XT version and I would say it has the edge on picture quality over my Photon. The biggest difference is the windage / elevation adjustment is done digitally now, the MkI has traditional turrets, I also prefer the latest eyepiece.

ATB

T

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Title says it really.

I will be buying a Photon, just wondered if the new one had any real advantage or disadvantage.
    The new one isn't around in the uk yet as far as I know so it's not available to see.
    Tricky.

Any thoughts ?
    Unless you can get a discount on the 4.6x42, spend another cú20 on the 6.5x50. I got one yesterday. You cannot plug an auxiliary power pack into the 6.5x50, that's the only drawback I can think of.

Yes it's the xt I'm interested in thomas and the latest one is the 6.5x50 one above.

Thanks JTO, I wasn't aware that the 6.5 was available yet.

I'm not bothered about the aux power, will just carry spare batteries. There's enough to faff about with without bringing more leads etc into it.
    Come to think of it, I'm not sure the aux power is available on the 4.6xt either.

Thanks

Aux power is not available on any of the XTs the other draw back of the 6.5 is there is not a doubler set up for it but you might not need one.

SD Regular
    Where is selling the 6.5 version please? I'd been told it wouldn't be available until September time......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

There were a few around but none now.
    I checked around today and they are on back order everywhere.
    Looks like April but more probably May before they hit the shops.

Have you posted the question on nv forum ? They'll know if there's any available.

It was you that signed up the other day, yes?

Hello

We are are perplexed that some of you have found 6.5x50 Photon XT on the UK market, as we have been reliably informed these have not even gone into production yet, other than some samples for shows and testing etc.

I will have an "official" answer on this shortly for you.

Regards

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Have you posted the question on nv forum ? They'll know if there's any available.

It was you that signed up the other day, yes?
    Hi rod, yes that was me.
    Didn't think to put the question up, will do asap though.
    Cheers