Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New local range - Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Worceastershire

New local range - Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Worcestershire

Good news! The Gloucestershire Gun Company are opening a 100 meter range just outside Cirencester.

25 & 50 meter zeroing lanes & covered 100 meter positions.

willie_gunn & myself were only just last week bemoaning the fact we didn't have a local to us range!

Cheers
    Chris

http://www.glosguncompany.co.uk/riflerange.html
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

i did dsc 1 at cirencester and had to go to wales to shoot, this would be a much better proposition.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Pete

Definitely! Chris and I were saying that Oxon/Wilts seemed to be a 'black hole' when it comes to ranges. Glad to see someone has stepped up to fill the hole - best get down there and support them

willie_gunn

The range has been operating on a temporary basis for a few months. I was there for a zeroing session last week, and work on the new 100 range was almost complete. It will be a good facility to have in the area, and it helps that it is run by 2 experienced stalkers who know their stuff.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Pete

Yes, I believe so. Used to be that the BDS used it for range days, but I've not seen one of those for ages...

willie_gunn

Fifty five miles from house to Bisley and 20 mpg from my wagon. Definitely good news. Does anyone know the day rate. Perhaps a group session if ever the weather warms.

I had a message from a member of this site and was told it would be well publicised when it was up and running.
    Have I missed the Official Opening?

It's not officially open yet, but should be very shortly. All of my sessions have been for an hour, booked through Gloucs Gun Co. Not sure what the day rate will be, but Alastair at GGC will be able to advise. His shop is also worth a visit, as it stocks a lot of stalking related gear.

V good news, prehaps we could arrange a late evening session and we could then get a chance to see how all these different optics perform in low light conditionns.

The site is awash with discussion as to what performes best would be a very good opportunity.

I would be more than happy to bring assortment of bins, rifles and scopes for other members to try.

D