Thread: Storing Rifles with RFD

Storing Rifles with RFD

I was pleasantly surprised today after getting off the phone with my local RFD. I've got a house move iminent and to save a bit of ball ache I thought I'd see about putting my rifles into storage rather than trying to add cabinet relocation and refitting to the scope of works for the big day. I've never put them into storage before and wasn't sure what to expect cost wise but I thought it would have been more than the 2 per rifle per week quoted. I'll not be shopping around as it sounds like a good price to me and its only for a short while whilst I get sorted at the new place but I'd be interested to hear how that rate tots up with the charges in your necks of the woods.

SD Regular
    Seems very fair. I've seen 7-10 per month over the last few years across a few RFD's.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Not bad price at all. Best of luck with the house move!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Seems very fair. I've seen 7-10 per month over the last few years across a few RFD's.
    2/week is 8/month per gun, so could add up, small price to pay though.

I've hung on to a clients guns for almost 6 months now,,gun(s!),,,he won't be happy paying me the storage fees, but he was the one who let his certificate expire!

BTW, my rate is 6/week (irrespective of number of guns), which is not the cheapest I guess..but then again, I don't charge clients for having guns sent to me where most 'shops' charge 25-50, and I charge 20 to send, which I deem reasonable. In case you are wondering, the cost of the storage is higher than 'normal' due to the costs of the facilities that were built to house them, so it's also to recover capital outlay and not be running a loss.

complete and utter rambling I know, sorry!

Not bad remember you need to inform your local plod that they are with your RFD

D

At my local RFD it is 10 per gun, per month.

Pretty good in my opinion. Gives peace of mind and keeps everything legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Not bad remember you need to inform your local plod that they are with your RFD

D

Do you?