Thread: Wild Boar in Sardinia....?

Wild Boar in Sardinia....?

The mrs is taking me off for ten days holiday in Sardinia. I was in a bit of a grump about it until some research suggested that there's great wild boar hunting out there (she doesn't know this yet)!

Does anyone know about it or know any outfitters that can set it up?

Thanks!

you heading north or south? irrespective, you'll love the place, went there (north) on my honeymoon and it was amazing. Bring cash! that said,,,honeymoon days are over now of course! LOL...

If you need a hand with Italian, I'm fluent

Quote Originally Posted by RuralLondoner View Post
    The mrs is taking me off for ten days holiday in Sardinia. I was in a bit of a grump about it until some research suggested that there's great wild boar hunting out there (she doesn't know this yet)!

Does anyone know about it or know any outfitters that can set it up?

Thanks!

Off the the North - Porto Cervo, near Olbia.

Any contacts appreciated.

J

Quote Originally Posted by RuralLondoner View Post
    Off the the North - Porto Cervo, near Olbia.

Any contacts appreciated.

J
    yep, that's the place I went. really lovely, rent a car, taxi's run at something silly like 20 euro's per mile..I recall a ride to and back from the hotel (2.5 miles) to a restaurant costing 50 euro's each way!! could have rented a Mercedes for a week for the taxi money we spent just in a couple of days. That said, loved the place, some really nice secluded beaches if you can find them. still, no boar hunting tips, sorry!

Was there about 11years ago ( Alghero) , staying in a small hotel. Got speaking to the hotel owner and guess what! I was out after Boar the next evening with some of the local guys.........
    I borrowed an Italian L/A 44 mag, which accounted for 4 boar. They were coming into crops in the evening, short range shooting
    My wife was pregnant at the time and not keen to stray from the room ( morning sickness.......) , I had a great holiday, not too sure my wife has the same fond memories??????????????

http://www.riservamontearcosu.com/in...mid=53&lang=en

Found this. I guess it wont be cheap!

I was there 7 years ago. Probably one of the most expensive holidays that I have ever had. Wonderful place none the same!

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    Was there about 11years ago ( Alghero) , staying in a small hotel. Got speaking to the hotel owner and guess what! I was out after Boar the next evening with some of the local guys.........
    I borrowed an Italian L/A 44 mag, which accounted for 4 boar. They were coming into crops in the evening, short range shooting
    My wife was pregnant at the time and not keen to stray from the room ( morning sickness.......) , I had a great holiday, not too sure my wife has the same fond memories??????????????
    That's not far off a 'Carlsberg' holiday, but I'm sure your reminded of your 'great holiday' occasionally