Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harris bipod clones

harris bipod clones

I purchased a 6x9 br extreme precision bipod from ebay for 20 new,4 different adaptors come with it, it seems really strong and good quality at about 80 percent cheaper than a harris, wonder if it will last like a Harris, first impressions are good

I brought 2 cheap bipod of ebay 6 years ago and im on the second now 1 and thats nearly in the bin now i wished i brought a Harris at the start

I bought a fake Harris once and, predictably, it was junk.

Ironically, I have lost two of my three Harris bipods over the last couple of years due to lending them to people so, with that in mind, I wish they had been fakes but if you intend to keep and use them I would stick with Harris.

I am going to try the Javelin bipod one day, just waiting to see if they come up with a mark two version that finds a better way to extend and lock the legs.

I have to chuckle slightly when I see people calling fake products 'clones' as if it somehow makes it sound more respectable!

I bought a clone, screws came loose which was fixed with Loctite, other than that it has given almost ten years of good service. I bought a taller original Harris later ...it broke in two when attempting the first shot. Harris replaced it FOC and the replacement is perfect.
    A clone is a copy, a copy with the original's name on it is a fake. In some cases clones can be better than the original.
    edi

My first Harris is over 25 years old,still as usable as the day I bought. A deben one I had didn't last ten years. I know which one I will buy next time

After reading similiar threads on here, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a new Harris 9-13 swivel bipod with notched legs and it is fantastic. It is well built and steady and I am astonished how accurately I can shoot with it.

It was 102 inc P&P from Uttings and worth every penny. Get a harris and you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    I bought a clone, screws came loose which was fixed with Loctite, other than that it has given almost ten years of good service. I bought a taller original Harris later ...it broke in two when attempting the first shot. Harris replaced it FOC and the replacement is perfect.
    A clone is a copy, a copy with the original's name on it is a fake. In some cases clones can be better than the original.
    edi

I've had a Harris and now have a Snipersystems tilting bipod. It is pretty much an exact copy of the Harris, seems to have an identical build quality but was 50% cheaper and that didn't include the extra for the Harris tilting model. Personally after having and using both I couldn't recommend a Harris just for the brand name as it doesn't seem to be twice the quality, or even any better quality.

I use the copies. I refuse to spend so much money on a Harris as I just don't believe the quality is there. I've compared mine side by side with a Harris & to be honest I'd defy anyone to tell the difference if they didn't know. Mine were under 20, incidentally
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

What make was that?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I use the copies. I refuse to spend so much money on a Harris as I just don't believe the quality is there. I've compared mine side by side with a Harris & to be honest I'd defy anyone to tell the difference if they didn't know. Mine were under 20, incidentally

The bipod was an extreme precision, ive 2x 12x25 harris bipods and a 9x13 harris, all swivel,100 seems alot of money after seeing one for 20,I know which make I would prefer, must of had my harris pods between 12 and 15 years now, still work perfect.