Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Drop to Shot

  1. #1

    Drop to Shot

    For a while now I've seen various members claiming a certain Calibre Drops EVERYTHING on the spot or a certain Projectile does with Rib shot Deer.
    So in 40 years of Deer Stalking why have I not found the Holy Grail calibre Rifle or projectile !!!!!
    .25-06 and Nosler Partition 120gr have been my combination that has claimed many Deer of all six Species.
    Muntjac CWD and Roe yes I've had a very high percentage DTS by a Rib shot But I've seen so many claims of the DTS Sika Fallow and Red yet in all years I've stalked and the many Deer I've shot you can count on one hand the Sika Fallow and Red's that have DTS to a Rib shot.
    So what have I been/doing Wrong !!!!
    My definition of a Rib shot Deer is lower 3rd and taking the heart

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    For a while now I've seen various members claiming a certain Calibre Drops EVERYTHING on the spot or a certain Projectile does with Rib shot Deer.
    So in 40 years of Deer Stalking why have I not found the Holy Grail calibre Rifle or projectile !!!!!
    .25-06 and Nosler Partition 120gr have been my combination that has claimed many Deer of all six Species.
    Muntjac CWD and Roe yes I've had a very high percentage DTS by a Rib shot But I've seen so many claims of the DTS Sika Fallow and Red yet in all years I've stalked and the many Deer I've shot you can count on one hand the Sika Fallow and Red's that have DTS to a Rib shot.
    So what have I been/doing Wrong !!!!
    My definition of a Rib shot Deer is lower 3rd and taking the heart
    I must have been doing the same thing wrong as you then. Or is it those that get them to drop on the spot are talking Bollöcks

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    I must have been doing the same thing wrong as you then. Or is it those that get them to drop on the spot are talking Bollöcks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    For a while now I've seen various members claiming a certain Calibre Drops EVERYTHING on the spot or a certain Projectile does with Rib shot Deer.
    So in 40 years of Deer Stalking why have I not found the Holy Grail calibre Rifle or projectile !!!!!
    .25-06 and Nosler Partition 120gr have been my combination that has claimed many Deer of all six Species.
    Muntjac CWD and Roe yes I've had a very high percentage DTS by a Rib shot But I've seen so many claims of the DTS Sika Fallow and Red yet in all years I've stalked and the many Deer I've shot you can count on one hand the Sika Fallow and Red's that have DTS to a Rib shot.
    So what have I been/doing Wrong !!!!
    My definition of a Rib shot Deer is lower 3rd and taking the heart
    That makes us 3 , But i will say the only heart shot beast that did drop to shot was a fallow doe in linconshire (boyd knows where) at well over 200 yds and the bugger just fell over and i was so gobsmacked i missed the oppertunity to cull 3 others !

    And in 15 years of stalking thats the only one i can think of!

    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

    please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

  5. #5
    i don't think drop to shot is calibre related unless you use a 90mm howitzer
    you might get better drop to shot results if you go for shoulder or spine shots

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    I must have been doing the same thing wrong as you then. Or is it those that get them to drop on the spot are talking Bollöcks
    Or shooting them there

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nick.308 View Post
    i don't think drop to shot is calibre related unless you use a 90mm howitzer
    you might get better drop to shot results if you go for shoulder or spine shots
    Spine or shoulder is know where near the shot I'm talking about.
    I Did put lower 3rd rib HEART Shot.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    That makes us 3 , But i will say the only heart shot beast that did drop to shot was a fallow doe in linconshire (boyd knows where) at well over 200 yds and the bugger just fell over and i was so gobsmacked i missed the oppertunity to cull 3 others !

    And in 15 years of stalking thats the only one i can think of!
    Not far from there this morning Lee when I got lucky.
    Fingers crossed I'll be able to sort you a Buck October

  9. #9

  10. #10
    It's because your all using the wrong scope, rifle make, bino,s and you don,t most probably have dsc2 and have been doing it to long.

Similar Threads

  1. HELP NEEDED . drop off
    By scotlanddeerstalking in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 22:40
  2. drop in fps
    By nuttyspaniel in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-09-2013, 08:25
  3. 100 yds --- 200yds Shot drop
    By cumbrian in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-05-2013, 18:50
  4. Drop turrets
    By www.yorkshireroestalking. in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-07-2012, 19:18
  5. Bullet drop
    By jimbo123p in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 08:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •