Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Mercia/Warwickshire Police Firearms Licensing 'Drop In' Day

SD Regular

West Mercia/Warwickshire Police Firearms Licensing 'Drop In' Day

Just spotted this - found it very useful last time it happened - variation done on the spot.

These are not well advertised and I see it as a use it or lose it sort of thing - so if you need something, well worth going along.

Malvern town centre is a stones throw if you need to entertain the wife/partner/kids for a while - and very pretty too. (Tourism spiel over!)

Drop In Day
    Starting on 25 Apr 15 at 09:00 for 7 hours until 16:00
    Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station
    Warwickshire and West Mercia Firearms Licensing Unit would like to welcome you to attend our Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station. Services we will officer include advice on procedural, legislative, technical and any other general queries. We can also offer assistance with application forms and a facility to accept application and variation forms.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

What a great idea, come on Police Scotland any chance !!!!!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Just spotted this - found it very useful last time it happened - variation done on the spot.

These are not well advertised and I see it as a use it or lose it sort of thing - so if you need something, well worth going along.

Malvern town centre is a stones throw if you need to entertain the wife/partner/kids for a while - and very pretty too. (Tourism spiel over!)

Drop In Day
    Starting on 25 Apr 15 at 09:00 for 7 hours until 16:00
    Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station
    Warwickshire and West Mercia Firearms Licensing Unit would like to welcome you to attend our Drop In Day at Malvern Police Station. Services we will officer include advice on procedural, legislative, technical and any other general queries. We can also offer assistance with application forms and a facility to accept application and variation forms.
    It is a great thing, but you are right, it is not well advertised, even from the people who talk to you on the phone.

Last time they did it, I knew nothing about it, but called up about a variation I was about to submit. This was a couple of days before the open day. They didn't tell me about it or suggest I went and did it on the day!!

I may well go this time , think either fac shotgun or .243!

They seem to do it two or three times a year, very handy. Annoyingly I'm away for this one, so will be asking for a drop in variation another day.

great idea,but why cant other police forces follow this example?

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    I Went and it was a fast and efficient service, variation done and ammo limits increased. Good job west mercia, happy to praise them.

Does Northants offer this service, does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by oager View Post
    Does Northants offer this service, does anyone know?
    I wish they did, my shooting buddy who lives in Rugby but now comes under west mercia licensing went down and had all his FAC issues sorted out.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    This latest event also went well. A mate dropped in for a new FAC rated air rifle variation to his existing FAC and it was all done and dusted in no time. I can only hope West Mercia stay on top of their game - in the past they've tended to get things going well and then lost the plot ....