.308 mod on .204?

Danny rem mag

Morning gents. I've just received a replacement sonic mod from the lovely chaps at Highland Outdoors after my last one had a small catastrophic failure (see separate thread) anyway this is now surplus to requirements, so my question is would it be ok to use in my recently ordered .204 ruger? I know it's perfectly safe to, but am I going to notice any real difference in noise reduction or more importantly accuracy?

It wont affect accuracy negatively, and I doubt that it will be too much noisier. Let us know how it goes.

The what?

Attenutation, sorry to use a technical term.

At-ten-u-a-tion; To reduce in force, value, amount, or degree; weaken

Of course to make an accurate observation you need the proper microphones but most will rely on their own ears for judgement renduring the value of thier observations are irrelevant.

SS

"Works perfectly"? Any idea what the attentuation is versus a Mod sized for the 17?

SS

The what?

Attenutation, sorry to use a technical term.

At-ten-u-a-tion; To reduce in force, value, amount, or degree; weaken

Of course to make an accurate observation you need the proper microphones but most will rely on their own ears for judgement renduring the value of thier observations are irrelevant.

SS
If he can't hear you, then presumably not very good! :coat:

I had .308 and .223 Roedale mods and sold my .223 one to free up some cash. The .308 one is lots louder when used on the .233 than the .223 specific mod was.

The sound reduction from my experience is brilliant (308 on 17 rem) I can honestly say if there is any difference between a caliber specific mod and one of larger bore used on a smaller calibre then my ears just can't hear it detect any difference at all, and accuracy is not remotely affected either so if you have a larger caliber moderator and want to use it on something smaller go for it..........just my tuppence worth...

Last edited:
Back