Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thats 3 in a row, variation wrong again

Angry Thats 3 in a row, variation wrong again

Bloody A & S FLD,

3rd time I've had a variation in and its come back incorrect again

1st time was when my wife applied for her FAC and mine went in for a variation, they got that wrong 3 times, time before last they left a gun on I had sold and even asked for a 1 for 1 on it, they added the permission but left the sold sec1 shotgun on. This time it went in for my first land permission with a change of use for my .22, 22-250, 6.5x55, .308 and shotgun and they have missed off the .22 and shotgun for vermin,
    I also notice they have added 2 moderators as purchased on my license 1 being 6.5x55 and also .30 cal and taken off my permission for a mod for a .308 and the best bit is they've added all the same land permissions on my wifes license which I didn't ask for as she didn't do the DSC1 course?

And of course every time I flag these errors up I always have to send the licenses back before they will issue a replacement.

And they say it costs more to administer licenses than we pay, no bloody wonder if they keep having to correct their mistakes, maybe I should bill them for my time for contacting them, writing covering letters they don't read and 1st class recorded post.

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. Out of interest what's all that about adding land permissions on. I've never had anything listed on mine.

Apart from all the errors are you also telling us that A&S record your land permissions on your FAC?
    Even if you have a closed certificate that is not neccesary.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Apart from all the errors are you also telling us that A&S record your land permissions on your FAC?
    Even if you have a closed certificate that is not neccesary.

Ian.
    it was my first permission, so had to send it in for variation to get rifles opened up for expanding ammo as they were only covered for target use. The only reference to the actual land was on the covering letter I got with the license.

My last variation was for a few calibres, one of which was a .303, the FAC came back with permission to purchase a rifle, but believe it or not nothing to allow me to purchase or possess the ammunition, my FEO was rather embarrassed, but to be fair to them they had me a corrected one on a 24 hour turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrog View Post
    My last variation was for a few calibres, one of which was a .303, the FAC came back with permission to purchase a rifle, but believe it or not nothing to allow me to purchase or possess the ammunition, my FEO was rather embarrassed, but to be fair to them they had me a corrected one on a 24 hour turnaround.
    Yep my first variation came back with 9mm and .223 but no ammo for either, then they didn't change my target club, then they gave me more permissions than the wife but both were supposed to mirror each other and then they didn't increase the ammo holds and purchases when my wife's licence was granted that they promised to do.

I wonder how much time and money is wasted correcting mistakes.

A friend of mine applied for a 9mm pistol for humane dispatch which they refused and said he could have a 2 shot 38 special revolver, when his licence dropped through the letterbox it had a 9mm pistol on there with no conditions, so basically giving him sec5 permission, he called to check and was told not to purchase one and to return his license as a mistake had been made.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Primer View Post
    Bloody A & S FLD,

3rd time I've had a variation in and its come back incorrect again

1st time was when my wife applied for her FAC and mine went in for a variation, they got that wrong 3 times, time before last they left a gun on I had sold and even asked for a 1 for 1 on it, they added the permission but left the sold sec1 shotgun on. This time it went in for my first land permission with Ju a change of use for my .22, 22-250, 6.5x55, .308 and shotgun and they have missed off the .22 and shotgun for vermin,
    I also notice they have added 2 moderators as purchased on my license 1 being 6.5x55 and also .30 cal and taken off my permission for a mod for a .308 and the best bit is they've added all the same land permissions on my wifes license which I didn't ask for as she didn't do the DSC1 course?

And of course every time I flag these errors up I always have to send the licenses back before they will issue a replacement.

And they say it costs more to administer licenses than we pay, no bloody wonder if they keep having to correct their mistakes, maybe I should bill them for my time for contacting them, writing covering letters they don't read and 1st class recorded post.
    In there defence, which I can assure you is very very very rare, I was confused with you variation request.
    I send in a few variations myself and have no problems with them. Its A and S police I have major problems with.
    Let's hope they sort it out.
    If police had been dealing with it I would not be surprised as I have found them all to be a nightmare even the boss has been suspended for nearly a year for indecent assault but on full pay of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    In there defence, which I can assure you is very very very rare, I was confused with you variation request.
    I send in a few variations myself and have no problems with them. Its A and S police I have major problems with.
    Let's hope they sort it out.
    If police had been dealing with it I would not be surprised as I have found them all to be a nightmare even the boss has been suspended for nearly a year for indecent assault but on full pay of course.
    Why are you confused with my variation request? I was only licensed for target shooting on home office approved ranges so needed to get land permission added with additional use for certain rifles to shoot over the land.

Actually thinking about it the only thing that's gone without a hitch with them was my SGC 8 years ago, my renewal took 16 weeks and actually left me unlicensed for a week, (paperwork sent in almost 4 months before expiry) I requested a temp license to cover me but that didn't appear.
    On my FAC application FEO said license would be with me within 4 weeks, it actually took 13 weeks.

So not had the best experience with them.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Primer View Post
    Why are you confused with my variation request? I was only licensed for target shooting on home office approved ranges so needed to get land permission added with additional use for certain rifles to shoot over the land.

Actually thinking about it the only thing that's gone without a hitch with them was my SGC 8 years ago, my renewal took 16 weeks and actually left me unlicensed for a week, (paperwork sent in almost 4 months before expiry) I requested a temp license to cover me but that didn't appear.
    On my FAC application FEO said license would be with me within 4 weeks, it actually took 13 weeks.

So not had the best experience with them.
    I read it half a dozen times and still can't grasp it. Sorry must be me!
    What is an FEO? Is that the person who comes round to make you your security is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I read it half a dozen times and still can't grasp it. Sorry must be me!
    What is an FEO? Is that the person who comes round to make you your security is ok?
    Yeah the firearms enquiry officer, the one that does your interview and security check but I believe these are now a thing of the past on renewals/security checks now as they are supposed to be sending firearms officers round to check on security etc, so now instead of a nice plain clothed officer you will get a big police BMW parked outside your house, will be a great first impression for the neighbours when we move house and the ARU (armed response unit ) pop round to do the security check.