He's back.......

willie_gunn

Another year on and the large buck I've been watching for the last few seasons looks to be back and cleaning up nicely.

P1050896_zpsta0u6hmo.jpg

P1050893_zpsyfgaenwf.jpg

P1050886_zpstq1up5jk.jpg

P1050874_zpsrdgjs0ee.jpg

Nice looking buck. . . I have my eye on a real nice buck this year as well, he's been feeding in a little (renewable fuel) willow patch and I'm convinced he's going to be a medal beast. . .the length of the antlers alone are going to give them a bit of weight. . . He's a mature beast but I'm torn between trying for him this season, or leaving him for another year in the hope he improves even more. . . It's a nice decision to have to make :D

Last edited:
Nice looking buck. . . I have my eye on a real nice buck this year as well, he's been feeding in a little (renewable fuel) willow patch and I'm convinced he's going to be a medal beast. . .the length of the antlers alone are going to give them a bit of weight. . . He's a mature beast but I'm torn between trying for him this season, or leaving him for another year in the hope he improves even more. . . It's a nice decision to have to make :D

I'm saved that quandary, as this buck is not on land I have permission over though I see him most days when walking the dogs.

All I get to aim at him is my camera :D

Cadex if you are torn shoot him with the camera this year and see how you feel next. I have been in the same situation twice one deer I never saw again but I have a good memory in the pictures I took. The other is one of my medals and was classed as middle aged to old.
Domonic he is a cracker and a really good body on him my feeling would be he has a chance to improve I hope he hangs around for a while for you.

The one that I never saw again.

The one I took a year later.

Last edited:
Cadex if you are torn shoot him with the camera this year and see how you feel next. I have been in the same situation twice one deer I never saw again but I have a good memory in the pictures I took. The other is one of my medals and was classed as middle aged to old.
Domonic he is a cracker and a really good body on him my feeling would be he has a chance to improve I hope he hangs around for a while for you.

The one that I never saw again.

The one I took a year later.

Yes some photos are definitely on the agenda, and those two are crackers.
He's still heavily in velvet and it will be some time before any of the bucks are beginning to clean up round here.
If I can get a good look at him once clean things will probably be a bit clearer as to his real size. . :D

Back