Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal or not

Legal or not

Hello folks

I stand to be corrected on this but I was always of the understanding that it was illegal to rifle shoot wildfowl, right or wrong

Max

Perfectly legal for me to shoot Canada's with .223
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Is that across the board or do you have special circumstances

Max,

Pretty sure its illegal unless like canadas they're classed as vermin,my licence doesn't mention winged game only ground game.

How about with an "any legal quarry" condition?

I'm under the impression that it's not illegal to shoot winged game with a rifle, rather just frowned upon and unsporting! I may stand corrected though? I've shot Pheasant with a rifle (it followed me around crowing when I was trying to stalk!), but game wise that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    How about with an "any legal quarry" condition?

I'm under the impression that it's not illegal to shoot winged game with a rifle, rather just frowned upon and unsporting! I may stand corrected though? I've shot Pheasant with a rifle (it followed me around crowing when I was trying to stalk!), but game wise that's about it.
    Was it edible

Head shot with the 6.5x55 off a bipod, there was no damage to the breast meat at all!

A head shot?

Oh dear me! I can see where this might go...

I only hope you were able to correct for parallax.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Maybe Ruddy Duck too!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by njc110381 View Post
    Head shot with the 6.5x55 off a bipod, there was no damage to the breast meat at all!
    Njc, and there was me hoping it was when you still had the .375 HH. Thank you for cheering me up on what has been a miserable day. I suppose it says a lot about me that I find the idea of you shooting a nuisance pheasant (with a rifle) hilarious! You made me laugh outloud with that one my boy, well done and thank you.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.