Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Range Muntie

Long Range Muntie

Just seen a post on the 'Deer Stalking' Facebook page from a guy boasting that he shot his first Muntjac Buck (neck shot mind you) with a 22-250 at 264 yards with a 50 grain Nosler ballistic tip. Does anyone else think this is an irresponsible shot?
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

I suppose if seeking to be controversial one could ask why should a deer the same size as a fox be treated any differently?

I suspect this thread will run.

K

I think it isn't any of my business what he does.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Everyone has different views, mine is good shot that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Webley Boy View Post
    Just seen a post on the 'Deer Stalking' Facebook page from a guy boasting that he shot his first Muntjac Buck (neck shot mind you) with a 22-250 at 264 yards with a 50 grain Nosler ballistic tip. Does anyone else think this is an irresponsible shot?
    No- not from the limited info you've given. 264y from a highseat can be an easier shot than a 50y one freehand or off of sticks even.
    Just because it's his first Muntjac doesn't mean he's not a capable shot either.
    As for Nosler B/T's, I use them for all of my .243 and .223 deer shooting.

Why not post on his thread on Facebook? I read it and thought great shot...people shoot foxes at crazy ranges...264 is still flat (ish) for a 22-250....

the truth is that yes a 264yard shot is in most cases outside of the norm in a stalking situation, but some can and some cant make a shot like that but everyone can get lucky and which ever camp you find youself in thats fine, but and this is the real isuse is that when it all goes wrong and the s??t has hit the fan can you as the person who pulled the trigger justify what happened and why it happened

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    the truth is that yes a 264yard shot is in most cases outside of the norm in a stalking situation, but some can and some cant make a shot like that but everyone can get lucky and which ever camp you find youself in thats fine, but and this is the real isuse is that when it all goes wrong and the s??t has hit the fan can you as the person who pulled the trigger justify what happened and why it happened

Im sure had it gone wrong it would not have been posted !!

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    Im sure had it gone wrong it would not have been posted !!
    Exactly..and it can go wrong at 20 yards 50 yards 80 etc ....

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I think it isn't any of my business what he does.
    +1