Inverness-shire

I'd say Monar? I love that country, we head up to ullapool at least once every couple of months. It really is gods country.

Sam

Nailed it lads,it really is gods country! East Monar it is, I ghillied there for a couple of seasons all done with ponies stags and hindsP1150030.JPG

I did 2 seasons there recently too.........

i did 07-08 and then last season, nothings changed up there apart from the midges being a bit more ferocious!!..lol

Last edited:
I do keep in touch yes.....He's a top bloke and great to work for.

if i'm not mistaken....he enquired about hiring your garron last season as swift the youngest garron had injured her stifle and was out of action for the stag season.

do you not fancy doing another season up there?.......he'll be looking for a ponyman again this season.

You are right about the pony but the injury was`nt long lasting so my boy not required:cry:
I`d go back to the hill in a heart beat but its a single mans game at monar an we got 2 kids now,
not fancy it yoursel?

Got the option of going this season as walking ghillie/second stalker, but was getting bother with an old knee injury last season and as you know....the hills there are unforgiving, so we'll see. I had an xray on it the other day but i reckon it might need an arthroscopy, not good for a hill stalking career!!

I can't do the ponies as the bordedom of waiting does my head in!.......so i only go as ghillie.......plus i love the challenge of a hard drag!!

Ah the hill mans nemisis, knacered knees! Seems there`s alot of that about
If your looking for a hard drag try Amsterdam;)

Nemesis all right, mine are buggered at 38!!!!

Although after having back and shoulder trouble for years , I haven't been bothered since I stopped using an argo and quad!

I'm turning a right fat b****** though:lol:

Nemesis all right, mine are buggered at 38!!!!

Although after having back and shoulder trouble for years , I haven't been bothered since I stopped using an argo and quad!

I'm turning a right fat b****** though:lol:

Hi Bambiburgermaker! I wonder how many f*&^&*d knees are still trying?

Hi

:DJingzy

I'm 35.......knackered knee, dodgy back, dodgy ankle, all down to a hard grafting life in the ouydoors involving heavy objects and livestock!...... i never had a paper round!!.....but seed wheat only came in hundred weight bags(50kg for those on metric)...lololol!

Life on the hill is a hard one!!:eek::eek:

You're having a laugh Bambi, I would hate to have seen your paper round :evil::rofl:

Nearest paper shop to me when I was a kid was 12miles , so it would have been a ******:)

Sika sacks, that was a right one for the knees and back!!!!!! and lifting stags over deer fences, my old head keeper wouldn't let us kick a hole in them or make a gate[old b******:old:]

well i would say you guys are look to be able to have experienced this job it sounds like i job i would love

Back