Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crack in stock

crack in stock

I have noticed a through crack in the stock of my sauer 202 just in front of
    my pistol grip was wondering wat is the best glue to use. Will try this first if
    it doesnt work I'll be looking for systhetic stock!!

Quote Originally Posted by danmoore2k View Post
    I have noticed a through crack in the stock of my sauer 202 just in front of
    my pistol grip was wondering wat is the best glue to use. Will try this first if
    it doesnt work I'll be looking for systhetic stock!!
    pictures please

Here are two threads about this very problem, with photos and how to fix it, the glues, etc.

Stock repair advice!

Any Suggestions on Stock Repair

photos

Think this will work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P_20150329_170400.jpg   P_20150329_170324.jpg   P_20150329_170320.jpg  

I'll just be honest, I see more sauer 202 stocks for repair and widening and warp fixing, etc. than you could imagine, it's just so poor it's not even funny.

Personally I would send it to the relevant Sauer importer and say "get me a new stock for free, NOW". Failing that, glue it, see if it holds (it won't), then eventually replace with a synthetic and move to another brand of rifle next due to the 'sauer' taste left in your mouth..

Leave my taste out of this !

I thought this was an advert for drugs...

It is not difficult to permanently repair this stock but it will swallow a few hours. I would mill a channel into the back face of the inside stock. Crossways to the crack and bed a carbon fibre roving (top and bottom) into it so that nothing is proud of the original contour. This would also be invisible from outside. While inserting the roving the rest of the crack also gets filled with epoxy resin/glue. The roving would also need to run about 1/2" up the inner side, left & right.
    edi

This is a repair I've used on a larger scale on solid timber tables. It is a way to affix a rosewood cap on a stock too. It is a fiddle but results in a very tight invisible clamping that combined with a good glue (Epoxy laminating glue) should hold forever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P_20150329_170320.jpg