Thread: Diotto auchleeks

Diotto auchleeks

Anyone tried and tested these boots from swillingtons yet? Interested to hear people's views, I tried a pair of meindl's recently but fit was an issue (surprisingly) so looking to an alternative.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Strange name for a pair of boots almost translates into German as also leaks.

F

I have a pair of leather Altbergs, Andy. There brilliant.

DS I have the Grouse Diotto and have now had them for a full 12 months they have been worn in anger about 24 times on some of the toughest mountains in Scotland (Glen Lyon). They look like new and feel great they replaced my failed meidel.
    http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...ore/search.asp

Hi I have a pair of diotto auchleeks plus (slightly taller with one extra lace loop than the standard auchleeks). They are great boots.
    I have had them 1 year used for hill stalking and woodland stalking. They dont leak. They are warm. They are very light in weight. They have always been comfortable.
    I can wear them all day and even the car journey home unlike my friends who all have meindle's
    I have nothing negative to say about them. I would buy another pair. Hope that helps.
    I cant comment on longterm heavy use as i have only worn mine for about 20 days but they seem hard wearing!

Yes they are good boots, had mine for years.

Cool, thanks for the responses guys, pair on order, Tom, whilst I like the altbergs, they (iircc) don't have any waterproof membrane, which puts them in the same league as my current meindl's, comfortable and fine for dry ish stuff, but I've never managed to make them entirely waterproof. Time will tell with the Diotto boots, but feedback seems to be good so far!

I have the + version too, and another thumbs up. Didn't need much breaking in, warm, and comfortable. I did need to go up a 1/2 size.

I can see why you would be sceptical but a lot of my ground is boggy with running streams and im yet to get wet feet. You just need to keep the leather polished.

Im sure the ones you have ordered are good though!

Well, that's another one checked off the list.....boots have arrived, and whilst being lovely and comfortable in a static position, tested out in the house, up and down stairs etc, the cut away section on the front of the ankle which is clearly designed to allow flexibility when moving, folds and digs into the front of my ankle.... Balls.
    Back to the drawing board.
    red setter next...... We will get there in the end........