Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 Or Swarovski 10x42 Swarovision EL binoculars

Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 Or Swarovski 10x42 Swarovision EL binoculars

Hi

As the title suggests I'm after some new binos for stalking, I need something that will be versatile for all kinds of shooting, I have kind of narrowed it down to the above what would people choose here or if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears
    Thanks

Well I doubt that you would be disappointed with either of those, if you are sure that you want a 10x42.

Personally, for an all-round binocular I would lean towards an 8x. In a 10x though, I would prefer a 10x50.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    Well I doubt that you would be disappointed with either of those, if you are sure that you want a 10x42.

Personally, for an all-round binocular I would lean towards an 8x. In a 10x though, I would prefer a 10x50.
    +1. Prefer Swarovski. The eye cups on the Zeiss didn't stand up to much wear and tear at all. Traded them in for Swarovski. Regards JCS

Have a look through both. I think that in true specification it would be difficult to get half a gnat's between them, one is likely to suit the way you "see" things better than the other.

David.

Any reason why you would prefer x8 jabalihunter? I was staying away from 50's just because of the size and weight. I have read that the new zeiss have different glass to allow more light when needed

I have the HT in 8x42 and I find them to be very good indeed with a really bright image brightest I have seen in a binocular, also for what's it's worth on magnification 8 x vs 10x for me I find the very large field of view of the 8x to suit me and my situation perfectly I do not think you will be disappointed by either make zeiss/swaro both are excellent.

For all-round use, I just find 8x a bit more user friendly. Wider field of view, less shake, larger exit pupil etc are all factors that affect ease of use. The wider field of view helps particularly in woodland.

That said, 10x can show more detail, may be better over more open country and has advantages in low light simply by virtue of bringing the image 'closer', but for me that is offset by the smaller exit pupil in the 10x42 which I find very unsatisfactory in low light. 10x50 is a better format for a 10x especially in low light.

The weight difference in Swaro EL models is equivalent to less than a half dozen shotgun shells! Most people looking at them don't even realise that they are 50s either as they really aren't bulky.

Just my opinion and preference...

Well there's a coincidence, today I was trying a pair of 10x42 Zeiss Victory HT, Comparing them to my 8x42 EL Swarovision ... I must say they are both as good as you can get, but to my eyes the Zeiss lenses give off a bluish tinge which the ELs don't, The Swarovski give a real light effect If that makes sense, a while ago I had Zeiss Conquest binoculars which gave the same bluish effect ... Maybe It just me, but we're all different ... So I stick with Swarovski ... As you will know, you need to try them both side by side In good light and last light and decide what suits yourself .... And don't listen to sales pitch ... HTH
    Last edited by sparko; 31-03-2015 at 18:40.

Zeiss HT 10x42 will be brighter than SV 10x42 because of the AK prisms. Zeiss Ht 8x42 is regarded as the best 8x42 bino, visibly brighter than SV 8.5x42.

Having a pair of Zeiss HT 8x42 TfL I am biased but to tell the truth I've looked through a mates Swaros and mine are better, he agreed so must be right.
    10x42 I find shake too much and in thick woodland this can be a pain, 8x42 are a far better bet for general Stalking.

Willowbank.