Thread: 7mm-08 Factory ammo

7mm-08 Factory ammo

Are there any 7mm-08 users within a reasonable distance of me willing to sell half a box of factory ammo? I have found a stop gap rifle to use whilst my new 7mm-08 is being built but want to check it will shoot a reasonable group before I put it on my ticket.

No local RFD's keep 7mm-08 in stock and if ordered will probably take as long as my new rifle!

ATB

T

Might be worth getting into reloading? Especially if you are having a rifle built anyway? There's no point having a custom rifle built and then putting factory ammo through it as you'll not get the best out of it.
    May as well just buy a factory rifle. You could also ask if someone nearby might be able to help load a few to try?
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Might be worth getting into reloading? Especially if you are having a rifle built anyway? There's no point having a custom rifle built and then putting factory ammo through it as you'll not get the best out of it.
    May as well just buy a factory rifle. You could also ask if someone nearby might be able to help load a few to try?
    MS

Thanks MS,

I do reload and intend to for the new rifle, I just wanted half a dozen factory rounds in the next few days before I commit to having this stop gap rifle put on my ticket. If I can't get my hands on any by the end of the week I will order a set of dies and knock a few up.

ATB

T

Could of sorted you a couple of boxes of different brands to try if you were closer

Quote Originally Posted by sako 75 View Post
    Could of sorted you a couple of boxes of different brands to try if you were closer
    Feel free if you fancy a drive, I'll get the kettle on

Happy to lend you my 7mm-08 dies if you want to reload a few, or failing that, Dauntsey Guns keep Hornady ammunition in 7mm-08.