Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen high seat

Stolen high seat

Just got a call from one of my farms at Bromham in Wilts. Just to ask if I'd removed one of the high seats. Of course, I hadn't, which can only indicate some scallywag has stolen it from the tree it was chained to. The worst bit is knowing it's a stalker that has done this. Just a heads up if you have ground near by or get offered one.
    Right peed off!
    stay safe,
    Mark

Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear that.

Maybe this will help you smile again?

Cheers

K

How do you know it was a stalker ?.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Could just of easily have been an anti or any of the multitude of thieving gits that are after any metal for scrap.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I would say that it has gone for scrap metal as well.

Anti's don't pinch them - they cut the top rung 3/4 of the way through on one of my (inherited) seats on my perm down near Winchester.

Cunning Stunts
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I had one "stolen" a couple of years back. The ratchet strap and a heavy-duty chain had been cut through and the seat taken. I found it a bit later chucked in a gully about 120m away and only slightly damaged. Evidently the work of antis making a point. I re-sited the seat about 250m from its original position and it's been left alone.

I agree that it's not the most likely possibility, but if it is antis they may not have taken it far. What was the seat like, and what was the access to it?

My first location was well within 100m of a lane but it was still dumped in the opposite direction!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

If it was antis the pasty wee mongs wouldn't have the strength to carry it far............check with your local A&E as one of them is bound to have suffered bruising & will probably require a hospital visit for some arnica & prescription lentils to get his strength back
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    If it was antis the pasty wee mongs wouldn't have the strength to carry it far............check with your local A&E as one of them is bound to have suffered bruising & will probably require a hospital visit for some arnica & prescription lentils to get his strength back
    They'll have bought a lentil bath bomb from Lush to aid the process
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

But Farticus, we all know they're soap dodgers
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.