Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moonlight hunt in france x3 nights 5star villa inc.

Moonlight hunt in france x3 nights 5star villa inc.

As per title.
    Please message us for a great hunt opportunity in southern France (september) for moonlight hunting (stalking and highseat) in a very productive area. (DATES> Dates confirmed now. Sept 28th fly out and hunt that night as well as 29th 30th, then home 1st oct.)
    Price will be all in in 5 star food and accommodation on the grounds. This is a cull hunt and 6 yearlings are allowed over the 3 nights as well as any fallow does. Larger beasts will be allowed but must be paid for.
    You will all shoot your limit with ease as a cull is needed to bring the population into check.
    So flights, car hire, rifle and full board 5 star food and lodge included, as well as 6 yearlings. This is a very large enclosed area with a very high population of boar and the perimeter is 9km.
    There is room for 6 guns to join the 2 of us. Flying from stanstead.
    3 places left subject to deposits.

sorry john I was up this but have just booked a ten day hunt in Africa .looks good though mate if you get a chance when you are there go to the medieval city of Carcassonne its worth a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by toad View Post
    sorry john I was up this but have just booked a ten day hunt in Africa .looks good though mate if you get a chance when you are there go to the medieval city of Carcassonne its worth a visit.
    no sweat we will run it yearly, have a good hunt mate.

3 places left on this trip.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 23-05-2015 at 18:39.

I was talking to a friend in France today. He says a local gunshop owner was imprisoned for shooting at night, and lost his shop. Is there an exemption for boar?

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I was talking to a friend in France today. He says a local gunshop owner was imprisoned for shooting at night, and lost his shop. Is there an exemption for boar?
    It's common to shoot boar from a seat/stand under moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    It's common to shoot boar from a seat/stand under moonlight

But is it within the law?

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    But is it within the law?
    I believe it is allowed but there are certain conditions that you must comply with but I don't know for absolute certain. I also believe that lamps or night vision equipment are not allowed. Perhaps the gun shop owner was using one of these methods?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I believe it is allowed but there are certain conditions that you must comply with but I don't know for absolute certain. I also believe that lamps or night vision equipment are not allowed. Perhaps the gun shop owner was using one of these methods?
    I've no idea, might not have been shooting boar even. My friend has lived over there about 8-10 years and is under the impression that night shooting is a real no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Better not be cloudy then!