Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Hill tracks petition

  1. #1

    Hill tracks petition

    Just heard on the radio that there is an online petition going on against the the use of ATV on the hill because some ramdlers don`t like to see deer management in progress!!
    Just wondering has anyone else heard the same
    Apoligies for makin ma first post a rant!!
    Last edited by The Ghillie; 01-04-2010 at 14:05.

  2. #2
    It is not a new thing. I remember 40 years ago a group mouthing of to the shepard about a hill track spoiling the natural countryside. The shepard told them they could if they so wish complain to General Wade. They asked for the address. The road in question ran up through Kinloch (Amulree) towards Aberfeldy.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/8466171.stm

    The thing is Scotland has highlands, Those complaining wants an unpaidfor playground. Those living there trying to make a living should ware sackcloth and spin wool on the front porch. Telephones and electricity takes away the quaintness of the backward species that live in croft houses and labour under the hot sun to carve out a living,
    Jim

  3. #3
    I don`t have a problem with folk wanting to enjoy the hills but there seems to be a very loud minority that can`t stand the hills been used for anything else exept for a red cagoole fasion parade!

  4. #4
    This one always raises it's head now and then.

    Trouble is the people who want the tracks taken away also want more dead deer?

    When I asked 1 of these bods what his answer was, he replied "helicopter", Enviro-mentalists [emphasis on the second part]

    Tracks can be unsightly, you have to be simpathetic in how you construct and site them, I look back at some tracks I've put in and cringe, but times change and we are far more aware of these factors.

    Without some path building we would cause far more damage with erosion.

    Another solution is to get the fourescent b*****ds out with a rope, they obviously have too much energy, the way fuel prices are going it would be a lot cheaper than an Argo, just a pot of lentils a day and a joss stick

    Dont get me started

    I was at a best practise meeting a few years back and someone from the ramblers assoc. [I will not give them capital letters] asked when I was going to consult him on my deer management plan??????????????????????????

    My answer was that I would when he consulted me on what colour he was going to paint his morningside flat bathroom!!!!!!

    This whole consultation thing is getting out of hand, we should be allowed to just get on with our jobs in peace[I know it'll never happen]

    Sorry I've taken over this rant.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    It is not a new thing. I remember 40 years ago a group mouthing of to the shepard about a hill track spoiling the natural countryside. The shepard told them they could if they so wish complain to General Wade. They asked for the address. The road in question ran up through Kinloch (Amulree) towards Aberfeldy.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/8466171.stm

    The thing is Scotland has highlands, Those complaining wants an unpaidfor playground. Those living there trying to make a living should ware sackcloth and spin wool on the front porch. Telephones and electricity takes away the quaintness of the backward species that live in croft houses and labour under the hot sun to carve out a living,
    Jim
    Quite right jim, just read this article, what land do JMT etc. living in, not mine!!
    In principle I would love to say no to Mega pylons , wind farms, mobile phones, broadband and tourists!!!
    But I live in a real world where people have to make a living, and in remote
    areas we need investment and renewable energy etc. may be our only way to make a few more quid.
    I don't go into glasgow and demand they knock down some of their architectural monstrosities.

    better go and lie down and calm it a bit

  6. #6
    Now let me see if I can curb the use of expletives on this F***** A******** have they actually looked to see what they have done, to the sky lines of the borders and central Scotland in the guise of cheap electricity .

    We've now got labour telling us, we must curb the tracks and roadways through the hills ,pretty good coming from the party who are meant to be for the people, is this the same party that run Scotland up until a couple of years ago , that now want to blame someone else because THEY! didn't get it right.

    But filled there boots along the way, with seats on this and that board ,jobs for the boys and then some A*******'s

    Vote why you'd be as well turning up at the polling station dropping your trousers and say F*** Me now because your going to do it in the long run.

    This is like watching a old Robin Hood movie without Robin Hood , where the peoples taxes keep going up when everything else is going down yes right down the river .

    Looks like Sarah Boyack could have a full inbox just shortly more facts required first .

  7. #7
    Well where are they talking about anyway. You cannot find a glen, hillside or moorland that those great friends of our have not been there first, Yip I am talking about the FC. Loaoad up Multimap satalite and browes the areas Green forest everywhere,
    Jim

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghillie View Post
    Just heard on the radio that there is an online petition going on against the the use of ATV on the hill because some ramdlers don`t like to see deer management in progress!!
    Just wondering has anyone else heard the same
    Apoligies for makin ma first post a rant!!
    Can we get a petition up against ramblers on the hill when deer management is in progress because nothing pi**es me off more than crawling about for 2 hours to get into a shootable position only for the stags/hinds to run off because a pair of tw**s in red anoraks have decided to walk straight at them while chatting away.

  9. #9
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,035
    You can have as many signed up on a petition as you can get but it will make not an hapeth of difference as under the right to access in Scotland act any person has the free right to roam or access any land for any purpose as long as they do so without causing damage or concern to stock, and to act responsible and to leave the land as they found it.

    http://gouk.about.com/od/gettingarou...landaccess.htm
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 01-04-2010 at 19:33.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprelous View Post
    You can have as many signed up on a petition as you can get but it will make not an hapeth of difference as under the right to access in Scotland act any person has the free right to roam or access any land for any purpose as long as they do so without causing damage or concern to stock, and to act responsible and to leave the land as they found it.

    http://gouk.about.com/od/gettingarou...landaccess.htm
    i know, but it does'nt make it any less frustrating when a hard stalk is ruined(or an easy stalk)

Similar Threads

  1. Petition - not stalking related
    By JC275 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 14:43
  2. Petition against the KC.
    By basil in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-06-2009, 17:17
  3. About time!!!! petition.
    By mole trapper in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-05-2009, 21:06
  4. Lymes disease petition
    By devilishdave in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-05-2007, 18:51
  5. Petition
    By PaulB in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-04-2007, 11:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •