Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: White Roebuck

  1. #1

    White Roebuck

    A friend of mine contacted me a few days ago to tell me he has a white roe buck on his ground. He lets 40+ bucks per year on his estate and this buck would no doubt feature in that cull, whether white or otherwise. I asked him if it was pure white and it's about 3/4 white from the front back, so would make a phenomenal shoulder mount...

    He asked me if I had any idea what its worth for a guest to shoot. He has mainly foreign clients stalking with him and they are charged appropriately for medal class bucks, several of which are shot every year. It's not available as such as almost all his bucks are booked well in advance.

    My personal opinion is that this buck would fetch an increased charge if it were a medal class buck, and therefore if its going to feature in the cull and because of colour as opposed to antler size its rare then he should rightly charge an appropriate amount if a guest wants to shoot it.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    A friend of mine contacted me a few days ago to tell me he has a white roe buck on his ground. He lets 40+ bucks per year on his estate and this buck would no doubt feature in that cull, whether white or otherwise. I asked him if it was pure white and it's about 3/4 white from the front back, so would make a phenomenal shoulder mount...

    He asked me if I had any idea what its worth for a guest to shoot. He has mainly foreign clients stalking with him and they are charged appropriately for medal class bucks, several of which are shot every year. It's not available as such as almost all his bucks are booked well in advance.

    My personal opinion is that this buck would fetch an increased charge if it were a medal class buck, and therefore if its going to feature in the cull and because of colour as opposed to antler size its rare then he should rightly charge an appropriate amount if a guest wants to shoot it.

    Any thoughts?
    I would keep it as a herd marker and because it's unusual not sell it, I would suggest it may also work well in his marketing and could get him even more business just so the beast could be seen alive & possibly photographed by those stalking & taking other animals on his ground rather than hanging it on a wall. But what do i know, money may be more important!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    I would keep it as a herd marker and because it's unusual not sell it, I would suggest it may also work well in his marketing and could get him even more business just so the beast could be seen alive & possibly photographed by those stalking & taking other animals on his ground rather than hanging it on a wall. But what do i know, money may be more important!
    No, money isn't more important to him. But I did point out it would feature in a cull whether white or not. Not sure about comment about it being a herd marker with it being roe.... Certainly easy to spot!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    No, money isn't more important to him. But I did point out it would feature in a cull whether white or not. Not sure about comment about it being a herd marker with it being roe.... Certainly easy to spot!
    Well if it's got to go, may as well charge the premium, I ment marker more for the guests than you you know these stalking types, sometimes they can't see the wood for the tree's.
    Last edited by rick6point5; 31-03-2015 at 17:18. Reason: typo

  5. #5
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    £3k+
    If he can get some photos and some video then it won't be too hard to sell
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  6. #6
    Foreign clients would certainly pay increased ££ for it like they do for malforms personally it's another buck on the cull list I wouldn't want one bringing unwanted attention to my ground .
    norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 31-03-2015 at 18:46.

  7. #7
    I think he should shoot it himself and put it on the wall, nice shoulder mount. If money isn't important, at least it will be a nice addition to his estates trophy room.

    alternatively he could let his best and most loyal client have it, could be a bit of a thank you for the business.

  8. #8
    Supply and demand it is worth whatever someone wants to pay. As pietasventores said either a wall hanger with a difference or a good customers thankyou. If he has regular customers he could raffle it off or take bids on it.

  9. #9
    Brian,
    Have a look at what it costs to shoot a black Roe Buck in Germany. That may be a good place to get an idea of a price IF it were to be sold to a client.
    Last edited by Grant.N; 31-03-2015 at 20:16.

  10. #10
    I'd get it grassed sharpish before someone else gets it:-))

Similar Threads

  1. Roebuck
    By surrey,roe in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-04-2014, 14:42
  2. first roebuck
    By biker1 in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-04-2012, 20:50
  3. My First Roebuck
    By dave1372 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 16:38
  4. Roebuck
    By 65X55 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 10:20
  5. White roebuck
    By wadashot in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 15:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •