Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Which scope to sell? Swaro or Zeiss?

  1. #1

    Which scope to sell? Swaro or Zeiss?

    HELP - Annual bonus has me looking to get a new scope...its going to be a Z6i 2.5-15x56.

    Now as much as I'd like to keep all my toys, and its a nice dilemma, I really should sell one of the following:-

    Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 BT or Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 T*

    The Swaro is on a .243 and gets used for lamping as well as deer and Zeiss on .308 for deer only

    ....so which one to keep and which one to sell ??

    both are as new, boxes, etc

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    HELP - Annual bonus has me looking to get a new scope...its going to be a Z6i 2.5-15x56.

    Now as much as I'd like to keep all my toys, and its a nice dilemma, I really should sell one of the following:-

    Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 BT or Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 T*

    The Swaro is on a .243 and gets used for lamping as well as deer and Zeiss on .308 for deer only

    ....so which one to keep and which one to sell ??

    both are as new, boxes, etc

    Thanks in advance
    Sell the zeiss. I dont know why but least ull have 2 the same after it goes. But ideally keep all 3. Buy another rifle too put it on.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    .....But ideally keep all 3. Buy another rifle to put it on.

  4. #4
    Thanks, I do prefer the Swaro at night as the side bars on the cross hairs are finer. I'd love to keep them both and fit the new, yet to be acquired, Z6i on the 243. Just want to have illuminated option for foxing. Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?
    Not at all. I've got a Zeiss 8x56 on a BSA .22rf that cost 16 new.

  6. #6
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    Thanks, I do prefer the Swaro at night as the side bars on the cross hairs are finer. I'd love to keep them both and fit the new, yet to be acquired, Z6i on the 243. Just want to have illuminated option for foxing. Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?

    Just bear in mind that the Z6i illuminated reticle is incredibly fine - you really need the firedot. I use mine exclusively for stalking now - I never found it easy under the lamp.

    I also had a Z6 - and really regret selling it. If you have to sell, sell the Zeiss, but I'd keep it if you can. My HMR has worn some good glass over the years and has benefitted from it in the gloaming.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

  7. #7
    Sell the Zeiss, they are not in Swarovskis' ball game. You're buying another Z6 so why even ask?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowler View Post
    Thanks, I do prefer the Swaro at night as the side bars on the cross hairs are finer. I'd love to keep them both and fit the new, yet to be acquired, Z6i on the 243. Just want to have illuminated option for foxing. Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?

    No! no it isnt too extravigant lol If i had the money and justification I would have one on my rimfire....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Not at all. I've got a Zeiss 8x56 on a BSA .22rf that cost 16 new.
    Agree - I've got a S&B 8x56 Classic on my Anschutz .22lr
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  10. #10
    It is an awful shame to trade down from a Zeiss to a Swaro however it would be best to sell the Zeiss as once you come to compare the glass you will not be dead pleased you spent the cash on a Swaro.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/




Similar Threads

  1. Wanted Variable stalking scope, Schmidt / Swaro / Zeiss
    By Sabian223 in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-09-2014, 14:51
  2. *SOLD* 8X56 Scope Bikini Covers for S&B/Zeiss/Swaro
    By cervus in forum Optics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-05-2013, 14:11
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 22:31
  4. Swaro or zeiss
    By Bigboab29 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 21:57
  5. Wanted S&B or Zeiss or Swaro - Side adjustable Paralax scope
    By Hornady in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 21:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •