Which scope to sell? Swaro or Zeiss?

Fowler

HELP - Annual bonus has me looking to get a new scope...its going to be a Z6i 2.5-15x56.

Now as much as I'd like to keep all my toys, and its a nice dilemma, I really should sell one of the following:-

Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 BT or Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 T*

The Swaro is on a .243 and gets used for lamping as well as deer and Zeiss on .308 for deer only

....so which one to keep and which one to sell ??

both are as new, boxes, etc

Thanks in advance

HELP - Annual bonus has me looking to get a new scope...its going to be a Z6i 2.5-15x56.

Now as much as I'd like to keep all my toys, and its a nice dilemma, I really should sell one of the following:-

Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56 BT or Zeiss Victory Diavari 3-12x56 T*

The Swaro is on a .243 and gets used for lamping as well as deer and Zeiss on .308 for deer only

....so which one to keep and which one to sell ??

both are as new, boxes, etc

Thanks in advance

Sell the zeiss. I dont know why but least ull have 2 the same after it goes. But ideally keep all 3. Buy another rifle too put it on.

Thanks, I do prefer the Swaro at night as the side bars on the cross hairs are finer. I'd love to keep them both and fit the new, yet to be acquired, Z6i on the 243. Just want to have illuminated option for foxing. Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?

Thanks, I do prefer the Swaro at night as the side bars on the cross hairs are finer. I'd love to keep them both and fit the new, yet to be acquired, Z6i on the 243. Just want to have illuminated option for foxing. Keeping them both and dropping the Zeiss onto the .17hmr is a bit extravigant isnt it?

Just bear in mind that the Z6i illuminated reticle is incredibly fine - you really need the firedot. I use mine exclusively for stalking now - I never found it easy under the lamp.

I also had a Z6 - and really regret selling it. If you have to sell, sell the Zeiss, but I'd keep it if you can. My HMR has worn some good glass over the years and has benefitted from it in the gloaming.

Sell the Zeiss, they are not in Swarovskis' ball game. You're buying another Z6 so why even ask?

No! no it isnt too extravigant lol If i had the money and justification I would have one on my rimfire....

It is an awful shame to trade down from a Zeiss to a Swaro however it would be best to sell the Zeiss as once you come to compare the glass you will not be dead pleased you spent the cash on a Swaro.

Don't do anything rash at a present, fit your new scope and ponder what scope suits whatever need, then put the least needed scope unto your rimfire, problem solved, and what a set up you would have.

OK, some mixed views, thanks, so which Ziess is better than a Z6i for the .243 which gets used for deer and lamping foxes please?

Don't do anything rash at a present, fit your new scope and ponder what scope suits whatever need, then put the least needed scope unto your rimfire, problem solved, and what a set up you would have.

Thanks, think I'll do this. Most likely will be Z6 on 308, Z6i on 243 and the Zeiss on the hmr

+1. In my eyes Zeiss beats Swarowski.

Not just your eyes, any quantitative testing that has been carried out always puts Zeiss on the top of the pile for the quality of their glass. I've never seen any quantitative test of a Swaro scope but have read that Swaro will not allow their scopes to be tested.

Now Swaro have lots of positive aspects and a very strong brand image so they are at a different place in the market but if you want the best glass then Zeiss is the place to go, at least until Swaro will allow independent testing of their scopes to prove any different.

Personally I have a S&B and a group of us did some direct "eyeball" testing of my S&B against a Swaro and could see no difference in low light performance so I'd be confident that S&B, Swaro and Zeiss are all adequate for UK stalking duty but both Zeiss and Nickel look to give better performance to my eye.

Back