Thread: The Highland Gamekeeper Book

The Highland Gamekeeper Book

A year in the life of Charlie Pirie Highland Gamekeeper and Stalker.Made into a BBC TV series.Excellent hardback book with Colour and BW photos and illustrations.Charlie has that very dry sense of humour that Highland Ghilles are famed for! Very good condition.14 posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Charlie Pirie2.png   Charlie Pirie 1.jpg   Charlie Pirie3.jpg  
    Last edited by Roebuck; 01-04-2015 at 08:49.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ALLAN/Pictures/animated_gif_animals_0020.gif[/IMG]

It was a great series and brilliant book.
    They should do a follow up - or a new one with a gamie that's just starting out.

Yes I always liked the theme music ,something like "Iron Horse"?? Anyway anyone interested for a Tenner posted ,its excellent condition? p.s do you remember the piece where he was berating the BBC for taking his TV License fee and not being able to receive programmes? His Terriers had actually chewed his Aerial cable through!lol
    Last edited by Roebuck; 07-04-2015 at 08:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Roebuck View Post
    Yes I always liked the theme music ,something like "Iron Horse"?? Anyway anyone interested for a Tenner posted ,its excellent condition? p.s do you remember the piece where he was berating the BBC for taking his TV License fee and not being able to receive programmes? His Terriers had actually chewed his Aerial cable through!lol
    Go on then, I'll take it for a tenner. Drop me a PM letting me know how you'd like me to get it to you.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

PM sent.

Ach! Would have had this if I had seen it sooner. I watched that series when I was wee and loved it. Got the series taped somewhere. Anyway, as you said the music made it for me and can be found easily on Grooveshark.com, youtube or Spotify etc. The band was called The Iron Horse and the album was The Voice of the Land in case anyone was interested in listening to it for free. Took me back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWill184 View Post
    Ach! Would have had this if I had seen it sooner. I watched that series when I was wee and loved it. Got the series taped somewhere. Anyway, as you said the music made it for me and can be found easily on Grooveshark.com, youtube or Spotify etc. The band was called The Iron Horse and the album was The Voice of the Land in case anyone was interested in listening to it for free. Took me back a bit.
    ChrisWill - I've a copy, it was a good read, you are welcome to have it.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.