Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what you recon

what you recon

hi guys iv got a small Peace of permission on a farm close by to my house iv seen one roe buck on there 3 month ago but nothing since do you think this land in the photo below could hold roe?

blue lines = farm boundary
    red lines = public foot paths

Last edited by russ91; 01-04-2010 at 18:58.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Here in my area of Yorkshire we have similar ground to you.........one place in particular near the M18/M62 holds a good number of roe on an area of farmland.These roe (ten have been counted) have been here for years and seem to live in the drainage ditches and whatever tiny bit of scrub they can find.
    So i see no reason why roe couldn't establish themselves on your patch.

cheers mate in going to start going out dawn an dusk t see that i can see iv seen a few while lamping aswell

Not enough input. Is those houses I see surrounding the farm land? Is the PF's overused by dog walkers? Have you a problem with longdogmen? Very restricted area with quite a few shooting hazzards, If you shoot deer have you a feeder area to replace them.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Not enough input. Is those houses I see surrounding the farm land? Is the PF's overused by dog walkers? Have you a problem with longdogmen? Very restricted area with quite a few shooting hazzards, If you shoot deer have you a feeder area to replace them.
    Jim
    what do you mean my not enough input mate?

there is housses surrounding the top of the farm at the top of the hill, but down the bottom it is just other farms and stables, there is dog walkers use the foot paths but not much as its pretty boggy in places and puts people off, and what do you mean by feeder area pal?

A few more than just a few houses it seems.
    Feeder area is the area that will provide the deer after you have shot out the residents.
    Jim
    Last edited by jimbo123p; 01-04-2010 at 18:51.

i dont shoot around the houses i shoot in the bottom of the vally. and to be honest mate you have not been on the land to see if it is safe or not this was not my question.

What's a 'permission'? Or a 'recon' come to think of it!
    Last edited by pip; 01-04-2010 at 19:03. Reason: Add something else

spelling error on title
    Last edited by russ91; 01-04-2010 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    What's a 'permission'? Or a 'recon' come to think of it!
    permission = permission to shoot on that land

recon= have a good look round