Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taxidermist costs

taxidermist costs

I'm looking at getting my first deer shoot mounted on the wall if a decent head what sort of cost is it usually for a roe?
    Thanks Ben

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by -ben- View Post
    I'm looking at getting my first deer shoot mounted on the wall if a decent head what sort of cost is it usually for a roe?
    Thanks Ben
    I paid 360 a couple of years ago, so somewhere between 350 and 400 would probably be a good estimate now. The cost will vary by taxidermist, but I'd also suggest having a look at a few people's work as you want to find someone who will mount the roe the way you like it.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    I paid 360 a couple of years ago, so somewhere between 350 and 400 would probably be a good estimate now. The cost will vary by taxidermist, but I'd also suggest having a look at a few people's work as you want to find someone who will mount the roe the way you like it.
    +1.....you only ever shoot your first deer once, and you don't want to be looking at a mount that looks like it's been beaten to death with a shovel. There is some excellent taxidermy available - and some....ermm.... less good.... Look at the galleries on a taxidermist's website and ask for recommendations - be mindful that you may have to travel a little to get the mount that you want, but you'd kick yourself if you didn't to save half a pint of diesel for the sake of a quality job.

Also agree re thinking carefully about the way in which you would like it mounted, as there are variations on a theme, such as looking to one side, wall-mounted pedestal style, head-on, etc.

Good luck on getting your first - and pics once done please!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Thanks for the advice I'm going to look at some local and get some quotes
    Thanks Ben

Shop around i payed 150 for Roe im getting a Sika done for 280
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post

you will have to show the monster on here mate when it is done .....

I can recommend a taxidermist but its a bit of a treck for you but probably worth it.

david hollingworth from pennine taxidermy. google it

he did a stag head for my dad and it was v good

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Like Chrisc said show on here when done. That is beyond mates rates. I'm awaiting a sika shoulder mount a lot more than that. You pay for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    Like Chrisc said show on here when done. That is beyond mates rates. I'm awaiting a sika shoulder mount a lot more than that. You pay for what you get.
    More than happy to put a photo up when it comes back, i think its scored Bronze Chris im awaiting confirmation.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Hi
    ive finally managed to get my first deer a nice 5 pointer roe buck. I really want to get it mounted so I need to get a taxidermist sorted out as soon as possible. What's the best way of storing it until I can get it there? It was a bit unplanned so I hadn't had a chance to sort one I'm located in Suffolk.
    Thanks Ben